Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cabell Midland (WV) 49 Belfry 7

Featured Replies

But lets also make no mistake about it... JC is very good and clearly will be the favorite against Belfry.

 

I will respectfully disagree. I think the only ones that will be calling one team a favorite are each others most passionate, sometimes illogical, fans. I think Belfry will take A LOT from this game and make their strong surge like they normally do towards the end of the year. The staffs, players and most sensible fans have a remarkable amount of respect for one another. I truly believe that this year will be a doozy at the CAM regardless of the loss by the Pirates tonight.

I think JC will handle Belfry again by 3 or more tds, for the 4th year in a row.

I still think people are sleeping on just how good JC is because of their level of competition thusfar. If anyone thinks South Warren is suddenly some juggernaut on a different level of JC I would stress that the past two years the Golden Eagles would have worked them. I think the gap has closed some as SW continues to evolve, but JC is a really, really good team.

 

I'm with you on that. I think JC is right on par with SW if not better. If Ashland is able to stand a chance against JC this season in district play I'd put them right up there with both of them. It's hard to tell at this point, Ashland and SW have played some good teams, as has JC, just not as many good teams. IMO, they are the too three teams in 4a, but there are to many unknowns to put them in order.

Shew, I'm glad that is over. :lol2:

 

Sometimes you just get taken to the woodshed, and this was one of those times. After the first couple of series it was obvious that this was a mismatch on the field. Yes, Belfry's turnovers fed the fire and made it worse that it had to be, but they did not determine the winner.

 

These two teams could play 100 times and Belfry would never beat that team. CM was just that much better. They were fundamentally very sound, very big and physical, and their skill guys were exceptional.

 

I heard a lot of Belfry fans really struggling with getting beaten so badly, but there is no shame in losing to this team.

 

Congrats to the Knights. I told a friend sitting with me that I would LOVE to watch that team play every week as they contend for a AAA state championship, and they will contend, IMO. I think they are the odds on favorite. Coach Salmons has that program riding on the high wave right now and I hope they ride it all the way. Good luck Knights.

 

If you are Belfry, you just have to eat your humble pie, shake it off and just get back to work. You have to get your head up, learn everything you can from this game and then focus on your district games ahead.

 

You won't (and shouldn't) forget the feeling that comes with losing, but instead of dwelling on it, use it to get better. Don't let anyone, parents, friends or fans get into your head and make this anything other than just a loss.

 

The part of your season that matters starts next Friday at the CAM vs. Lawrence County.

 

Go Pirates!!

Shew, I'm glad that is over. :lol2:

 

Sometimes you just get taken to the woodshed, and this was one of those times. After the first couple of series it was obvious that this was a mismatch on the field. Yes, Belfry's turnovers fed the fire and made it worse that it had to be, but they did not determine the winner.

 

These two teams could play 100 times and Belfry would never beat that team. CM was just that much better. They were fundamentally very sound, very big and physical, and their skill guys were exceptional.

 

I heard a lot of Belfry fans really struggling with getting beaten so badly, but there is no shame in losing to this team.

 

Congrats to the Knights. I told a friend sitting with me that I would LOVE to watch that team play every week as they contend for a AAA state championship, and they will contend, IMO. I think they are the odds on favorite. Coach Salmons has that program riding on the high wave right now and I hope they ride it all the way. Good luck Knights.

 

If you are Belfry, you just have to eat your humble pie, shake it off and just get back to work. You have to get your head up, learn everything you can from this game and then focus on your district games ahead.

 

You won't (and shouldn't) forget the feeling that comes with losing, but instead of dwelling on it, use it to get better. Don't let anyone, parents, friends or fans get into your head and make this anything other than just a loss.

 

The part of your season that matters starts next Friday at the CAM vs. Lawrence County.

 

Go Pirates!!

 

And that folks, is why everyone loves @Watusi. He's a straight shooter that makes no excuses. Plus he's pretty good at picking up the tab. :lol2:

A lot of Belfry fans were losing their minds last night, hopefully they have climbed back off the ledge today.

And that folks, is why everyone loves @Watusi. He's a straight shooter that makes no excuses. Plus he's pretty good at picking up the tab. :lol2:
Thanks my friend. No reason to sugar coat it, Belfry simply got beat by a much better team.

 

And lo and behold, the sun still came up this morning just like it always has. :clap:

Belfry will be fine. The top tier in wva 3a is solid. A lot of those schools don't get the respect they deserve.

That's as impressive a team as I've seen us play in 20-25 years.

 

I really didn't expect them to be that good.

 

This year in KY I'd only guarantee one team beating them, Male.

That's as impressive a team as I've seen us play in 20-25 years.

 

I really didn't expect them to be that good.

 

This year in KY I'd only guarantee one team beating them, Male.

I agree PirateFan101, that was a good football team, very good. I remember a couple of the Ironton teams that were as good as anybody we were playing at the time. This Midland team was in that realm, maybe better.

I agree PirateFan101, that was a good football team, very good. I remember a couple of the Ironton teams that were as good as anybody we were playing at the time. This Midland team was in that realm, maybe better.

 

I'd definitely agree on the comparison to Ironton. The best teams I remember seeing us play up until now we're Danville '93, Ironton '93-95', and Ashland with Juan Thomas (can't remember the year). This CM team is as good or better than all of those teams.

 

In fact, although I know I'll catch flack over this on this particular website I'm going to make this statement because I believe it to be true. I watched every KY state title game last year and I didn't see one team that this CM team isn't capable of beating. I'm not saying they'd win but they are on par with that level of play. In fact, they'd have beaten every 1A-5A champ imo.

CM

581 Total Yards

 

Belfry

150 Total yards

 

5 Turnovers for Belfry

 

Key play was at the end of the Half trailing 21-7 Belfry was facing a 3rd and Long with around 1:30 left in CM territory. Pirates force a pass that is Intercepted and return for a bunch of yards to set up a TD. With only :30 left Belfry fumbles the ensuing kickoff and CM gets a TD pass with one foot down in the endzone.

 

Instead of entering the Half down 21-7 and getting the ball in the 3rd, Belfry goes in down 35-7 and that was all she wrote.

 

I knew belfry must of had several turnovers for the score to be what it was.the reason I say this is their special teams and kicking game is awesome.good luck to you pirates the rest of the season because good times is getting ready to happen.

This just might be the best thing that ever happened to Belfry. It will make the Red Army stronger.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.