Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope Lectures Congress

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pope don't care much about left/right, lib/con. The way it should be.

Pope don't care much about left/right, lib/con. The way it should be.
If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. The pope is subject to the same thoughts as the rest of us. He is no different than a politician.
If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. The pope is subject to the same thoughts as the rest of us. He is no different than a politician.

 

I believe it, but I don't need a bridge. He is a remarkable person who has committed the crime (in the eyes of some) of speaking truth to power.

 

But maybe he has spent a lot of time meddling in politics and such....no, it seems he has devoted his entire life to talking about poor people and stuff like that.

I believe it, but I don't need a bridge. He is a remarkable person who has committed the crime (in the eyes of some) of speaking truth to power.

 

But maybe he has spent a lot of time meddling in politics and such....no, it seems he has devoted his entire life to talking about poor people and stuff like that.

 

I didn't say he shouldn't be respected. I am just saying that he is no different than the rest of us. Only one perfect, sinless person ever walked the earth, and it's not the pope.

I didn't say he shouldn't be respected. I am just saying that he is no different than the rest of us. Only one perfect, sinless person ever walked the earth, and it's not the pope.

 

You better not be talking about Reagan.

I didn't say he shouldn't be respected. I am just saying that he is no different than the rest of us. Only one perfect, sinless person ever walked the earth, and it's not the pope.

 

Since when does one need to be perfect or sinless to be a remarkable person?

 

And EVERYTHING I have read about Pope Francis indicates he has, and has continued to, walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

 

It amazes me the vitriol being flung about in response to the Pope's address. I read the transcript and I am inspired. Mandy Connell intimated yesterday that the Pope was a left wing liberal. I think that now that I heard that applied to Pope Francis, I'm fine with people calling me that, too.

@mcpapa, is there room on your wagon for another left wing liberal?

Since when does one need to be perfect or sinless to be a remarkable person?

 

And EVERYTHING I have read about Pope Francis indicates he has, and has continued to, walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

 

It amazes me the vitriol being flung about in response to the Pope's address. I read the transcript and I am inspired. Mandy Connell intimated yesterday that the Pope was a left wing liberal. I think that now that I heard that applied to Pope Francis, I'm fine with people calling me that, too.

No vitriol here, just stating that just because he is the pope, that doesn't mean he views everything equally, as mcpapa alluded to. I do believe he has leftist beliefs, but that has nothing to do with my comments.

@mcpapa, is there room on your wagon for another left wing liberal?

 

Actual photograph of papa and mom.

 

899_2417941c.jpg

[ATTACH]52430[/ATTACH]

...

I have no idea who this Franks guy is. But, you probably shouldn't be so eager to post Facebook gossip.

that quote by Franks was so outrageous I couldn't believe. So I checked. Snopes says it is made up, false.

that quote by Franks was so outrageous I couldn't believe. So I checked. Snopes says it is made up, false.

 

Thank You for checking, my apologies.

It's important for people to remember (not that anyone has said anything contrary to this) that:

 

A) The Pope is infallible on matters of faith only. Political issues can be and often times do not directly concern matters of faith.

 

B) When the Pope does comment on political issues or scientific news or whatever it may be, that does not make it the Church's official stance.

 

(Ed's note: I know those might be the same point :idunno: )

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.