4A Franklin County (4-0) vs. 5A Anderson County (3-1)

Hard Work

Who wins this old district rival?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this old district rival?

The old district rivalry has been brought back and these two teams will square for what is the game of the week IMO.

FCHS- The flyers continue to cruise through the early portion of their schedule after once again taking the city championship and bragging rights after defeating rival Frankfort (0-4) in a game that most would consider a slow start for the flyers.

Flyers keys to sucess:

IMPROVE THE FRONT: FCHS must improve offensively and defensively up front to give the flyers the dominant edge.

POUND THE ROCK- With athletes like Hurst, Vance, Sanderson, and Anderson they have to develop a consistent run game to support the air raid!

REINFORCE THE ROOF- Pass coverage will be key to ensure that Gillis is turning the ball over creating more opportunities for this high powered offense.

ACHS- The Bearcats were rolling before running into Chuck Smith and 5A powerhouse Boyle Co. (4-0) last week sending them to 3-1 on the year. These boys should be hungry after dropping one last week and I know Coach Peach will have these boys ready to go for this old school match up in the Capitol City.

Bearcats Keys to Sucess:

LET IT FLY: The young Gunslinger Gunner Gillis has been on a hot streak. They must continue to allow him to attack the secondary of the Flyers while remaining composed.

BRING THE HEAT: Sanderson has been turnover prone in the past if they are able to keep the heat and cover they could cause some turnovers and keep the score low.

CONTAIN CONTAIN CONTAIN: The flyers are a speedy team in order to be able to stay in this one they are going to have to find a way to box in these speed demons.

My Prediction -

FC- 35

AC-28

Historical note: Anderson won the last meeting 35-21 at home in 2013.

Who wins this one and why?

Franklin County won last years meeting between the two rivals in Frankfort 35-21! This is going to be a traditional battle between the Flyers and the Bearcats. Both teams know exactly what the other team does and it will come down to who tackles and blocks the best. Turn over battle will be a key decider in this game. I am glad that these rivals are still playing each other!

The old district rivalry has been brought back and these two teams will square for what is the game of the week IMO.

FCHS- The flyers continue to cruise through the early portion of their schedule after once again taking the city championship and bragging rights after defeating rival Frankfort (0-4) in a game that most would consider a slow start for the flyers. 

Flyers keys to sucess:

IMPROVE THE FRONT: FCHS must improve offensively and defensively up front to give the flyers the dominant edge. 

POUND THE ROCK- With athletes like Hurst, Vance, Sanderson, and Anderson they have to develop a consistent run game to support the air raid!

REINFORCE THE ROOF- Pass coverage will be key to ensure that Gillis is turning the ball over creating more opportunities for this high powered offense.

ACHS- The Bearcats were rolling before running into Chuck Smith and 3A powerhouse Boyle Co. (4-0) last week sending them to 3-1 on the year. These boys should be hungry after dropping one last week and I know Coach Peach will have these boys ready to go for this old school match up in the Capitol City.

Bearcats Keys to Sucess: 

LET IT FLY: The young Gunslinger Gunner Gillis has been on a hot streak. They must continue to allow him to attack the secondary of the Flyers while remaining composed.

BRING THE HEAT: Sanderson has been turnover prone in the past if they are able to keep the heat and cover they could cause some turnovers and keep the score low.

CONTAIN CONTAIN CONTAIN: The flyers are a speedy team in order to be able to stay in this one they are going to have to find a way to box in these speed demons. 

My Prediction - 

FC- 35

AC-28 

Historical note: Franklin won the last meeting 35-21 at home in 2013.

Who wins this one and why?

Flyers took the JV game last night 54-20 Anderson had chances to be in the game but made some miscues and turnovers. Flyers speed gave them trouble. The play in Freshman Action Thursday. I for one will be tired of Red and white by Saturday!!

Watched that JV game the difference was the QB not for sure if that was Davis playing qb or who that was but he was much better than the other kid they start. I would think they would be building for the future with Sanderson leaving after this year!

I think this will be a high scoring game. Might be sloppy early but adjustments will be made and this will be a slug fest.

I feel like Anderson pulls this out in the end. I feel like they have some play makers on defense who will force one or two late turnovers that will be the difference.