4A Franklin County (4-0) vs. 5A Anderson County (3-1)

Hard Work

Who wins this old district rival?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this old district rival?

Watched that JV game the difference was the QB not for sure if that was Davis playing qb or who that was but he was much better than the other kid they start. I would think they would be building for the future with Sanderson leaving after this year!

Greene was the QB, he done a good job, as did Hammons for his reps. JV flyers made plays everywhere. Thought the line played great on offense. Defense needs some work but Anderson is no slouch in what they do.

Apropos of nothing, but the game a few years between these two that ended with Ryan Timmons running a kickoff back for a touchdown was one of the most exciting high school football games I've ever been to.

there was some great players on the field in Timmons, Woodside, and Cox from Anderson. The year after that Anderson Beat us twice in two barn burners as well. Always a battle when we play the bearcats, I hope it turns out that way this week. So I get my moneys worth.

Franklin Co. is different this year. had some early victories , but after watching them play a Western Hills team that matched them in speed (and should not have lost) , they are getting into the smash mouth part of their schedule. Anderson, Spencer, Shelby, Collins, and N.Oldham will definitely show that smash mouth football seems to bother them quite a bit. East Jess. showed last year. Will be very surprised if the Finesse Flyers can handle their rough part of the schedule .

Franklin Co. is different this year. had some early victories , but after watching them play a Western Hills team that matched them in speed (and should not have lost) , they are getting into the smash mouth part of their schedule. Anderson, Spencer, Shelby, Collins, and N.Oldham will definitely show that smash mouth football seems to bother them quite a bit. East Jess. showed last year. Will be very surprised if the Finesse Flyers can handle their rough part of the schedule .

In all due respect, your talking about a game where Hills had 160 yds total offense and FCHS had 400? And the only score came from a fumbled punt snap and a drive that started inside the 20?? Come on now, your post was a valid one except for that whole Hills should have won part?

I do think that FCHS has to be more physical, consistently.

All Franklin County has done so far is take care of their business. They beat Shelby Valley like they were suppose to and beat a much improved Western Hills football team. Next they heard how they would never be able to beat Woodford County and their great offensive line but they did and scored at will. Beat Frankfort High a rival and took care of them with a solid win. Friday will be here soon enough and we will find out how good Franklin County is against those scary Bearcats and that smash mouth football! :taz:

taking care of business...lol...2a..team with 27 kids...a 1a team riddled with injuries...a 3a team that was tied going into the 4th quarter, and a rebuilding woodford....good luck ...taking care of business...a win is a win..your right..rest of schedule will define taking care of business...gotta love those franklin co. fans

taking care of business...lol...2a..team with 27 kids...a 1a team riddled with injuries...a 3a team that was tied going into the 4th quarter, and a rebuilding woodford....good luck ...taking care of business...a win is a win..your right..rest of schedule will define taking care of business...gotta love those franklin co. fans

Can't beat em, so just degrade them all year!! Gotta love them Hills fans. Good Luck to your team oline. Hope those guys play well down the stretch. BTW if we are so bad....why so much bragging on being in a tie for 3 quarters??

Got to love those friday nights , I love rivalry games to bad I am not apart of either school, married into it. I can appreciate great support for your team, reminds me of the Louisville fan faithful, if you didnt know any better they win the National championship every year ,LOL...great confident fans...best of luck Friday Flyer faithful, I will be watching from a far...

Can't beat em, so just degrade them all year!! Gotta love them Hills fans. Good Luck to your team oline. Hope those guys play well down the stretch. BTW if we are so bad....why so much bragging on being in a tie for 3 quarters??

Just asking, is anything this poster said untrue?

Anderson Co. hasn't had the best competition so far this year with the exception of Boyle Co. and we all know how that turned out.

Franklin Co. hasn't faced the best competition so far this season either. Let's not act like they've beat top tier teams.

I think it will be a good game like it always is.

You won't find me beating our chest about who we have beat and how tough are schedule is, I see that same way you all do, but I was just commenting on the game he thinks FC should have lost. Anyways that week is over, and Anderson is a big hill to climb for the flyers, tough game tonight I am sure.