2. Simon Kenton ( 7 )

4. Beechwood

5. Highlands

6. Scott

7. Newport Catholic

8. Covington Catholic

9. Conner

10. Campbell County

Others: Lloyd 11, Dixie Heights 5, Holy Cross 5, Brossart 4, Ludlow 4, Grant County 1

Not sure how this list was developed. SK is probably the team to beat in the area. I am not sold on Ryle yet and I think the jury is still out on Cooper. This week should provide a clearer picture as to what Ryle has. It will be interesting to see how Cooper rebounds from their loss to Bryan Station. Beechwood may be ranked a little high as well.

Scott at 6? Love the enthusiasm but I'm not sure they have shown they can beat all of the teams below them (if NCC had their main back).

They are a very interesting team to watch.

The Conner game will tell us something. People seem to be focused on NCC not having Smith for that game, but no one mentions that Pleasant has exactly one carry for the year for Scott. He's a huge playmaker that Scott hasn't had in their lineup.

The Conner game will tell us something. People seem to be focused on NCC not having Smith for that game, but no one mentions that Pleasant has exactly one carry for the year for Scott. He's a huge playmaker that Scott hasn't had in their lineup.

Does Scott need more than a win versus Conner to build credibility among the doubters?

Does Scott need more than a win versus Conner to build credibility among the doubters?

Probably. And right now, the only chance at a signature win on their schedule is the last game against SK, as people have already discounted the NCC win (because Smith didn't play), and crediting the Dixie win to Dixie being down, rather than Scott being good. And any loss (besides one to SK and maybe Bourbon County) will probably cause them to fall out of the top 10. I think it's going to take a 9-1 season and a couple playoff wins for Scott to get most people outside of Taylor Mill to believe. It's hard to erase all the years of futility in the eyes of the public.