If I were Urban Meyer ......

Pioneer.Pride

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those SEC guys won't like OSU poaching in their territory. Urban has ties down there from his Florida days but they'll ban together to keep him out. Once he has to rely on guys from OH, PA, IN, MI and IL they'll be 'slow' once again.

How would they do that?

Those SEC guys won't like OSU poaching in their territory. Urban has ties down there from his Florida days but they'll ban together to keep him out. Once he has to rely on guys from OH' date=' PA, IN, MI and IL they'll be 'slow' once again.[/quote']

When do you imagine they will start doing that?

Newbie success is cute. Particularly when they think it will last.
Should you be talking about OSU as a "newbie", I don't call 8 national championships "newbie". I believe that Alabama is the only SEC team to have more than 8 titles. 8 national championships and favored to win back to back to win 9 ....Newbie doesn't sound too bad.

Those SEC guys won't like OSU poaching in their territory. Urban has ties down there from his Florida days but they'll ban together to keep him out. Once he has to rely on guys from OH, PA, IN, MI and IL they'll be 'slow' once again.
Coaches banding together to keep Meyer out ? Heck, are you calling for OSU / Meyer immigration ban ?? I realize that at times it doesn't seem like it but America is a free country and I am pretty sure that Meyer is allowed to travel South !

:ohbrother: :lol2: Good luck with that one, though. Geez !!

Coaches banding together to keep Meyer out ? Heck' date=' are you calling for OSU / Meyer immigration ban ?? I realize that at times it doesn't seem like it but America is a free country and I am pretty sure that Meyer is allowed to travel South ! :ohbrother: :lol2: Good luck with that one, though. Geez !![/quote']

They should have merged together about 3 years ago if that was the plan.

Should you be talking about OSU as a "newbie", I don't call 8 national championships "newbie". I believe that Alabama is the only SEC team to have more than 8 titles. 8 national championships and favored to win back to back to win 9 ....Newbie doesn't sound too bad.

Good point. OSU has been such a SEC punch line for so long that I forgot about it's ancient history. And yes, I know they won in 2002 but in today's world that's ancient.

:ohbrother:

So last year's BCS championship doesn't help the conference because that just means there was only one good team. But in the sport where there are other good teams, it doesn't count because there isn't one that is better than everyone else. I'm sorry about before, you've convinced me, the Big 10 is garbage.

Sure it looks good on the conference but please tell me who else was a contender in the Big Ten? Michigan St.? Wisky? Everyone else sucked. This weekend the conference went 3-6 against power 6 schools. Why is anyone trying to defend that?

It's a week conference in football and mediocre at best in basketball. Wisconsin was very good, Michigan St. was good, OSU above average, Maryland decent, Michigan decent, the rest were/are turds and OSU could move into the turd category this season.

Sure it looks good on the conference but please tell me who else was a contender in the Big Ten? Michigan St.? Wisky? Everyone else sucked. This weekend the conference went 3-6 against power 6 schools. Why is anyone trying to defend that?

It's a week conference in football and mediocre at best in basketball. Wisconsin was very good, Michigan St. was good, OSU above average, Maryland decent, Michigan decent, the rest were/are turds and OSU could move into the turd category this season.

Man, I'm not even close to a fan of any Big 10 teams. I don't even know what you consider major sports, but OSU, Wisc, MSU and Michigan are annually pretty solid at football and basketball. If the Big 10 stinks, there must not be any good conferences. Big 12 has a couple good football teams plus Kansas and some other team every year in basketball. ACC is great basketball and then a few decent football teams. The SEC has top football and UK basketball. I don't even know what to say about the Pac 12. To me, each of the five are what they are but I don't think the Big 10 is somehow worse than the rest.

Good point. OSU has been such a SEC punch line for so long that I forgot about it's ancient history. And yes, I know they won in 2002 but in today's world that's ancient.

Nice try . I am huge U.K. Basketball fan and I also like to boast on the Cats national championships. My point saying that is this ... If you're a U.K. Basketball fan, do you bother to claim the pre Calapari national titles ? I do. Should the 2002 year bench mark be the standard for ancient then U.K. has what ... 1 National Title in basketball ? Interesting.... Oh wait, basketball is different, right ? Never mind.

btw, not that it matters but I am an SEC football fan and have said over and over that the SEC is the best football conference in America. I just happen to be an OSU football fan since the 70's and I acknowledge other places/conferences can pay very good football as well.

Edited by oldrambler

Good point. OSU has been such a SEC punch line for so long that I forgot about it's ancient history. And yes' date=' I know they won in 2002 but in today's world that's ancient.[/quote']

If OSU football is an SEC punch line, then what is UK?

See ColonelCrazy... Please spare us you all playing the innocent victim role.