Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5th Region up for grabs?

Featured Replies

Other top players (I may miss a few since I'm operating off memory from last year):

 

Tamiah Stanford — NH

Delany Eastridge — LaRue

Lisa Jo Wygal — Thomas Nelson

Shyla Calbert — NC

Marly Walls — NC (out early part of season with a broken collarbone)

Madison Faulkner — Caverna

Whitney Perian — Green Co.

Alex Keltner — Adair Co.

Haeli Howard — Marion Co.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other top players (I may miss a few since I'm operating off memory from last year):

 

Tamiah Stanford — NH

Delany Eastridge — LaRue

Lisa Jo Wygal — Thomas Nelson

Shyla Calbert — NC

Marly Walls — NC (out early part of season with a broken collarbone)

Madison Faulkner — Caverna

Whitney Perian — Green Co.

Alex Keltner — Adair Co.

Haeli Howard — Marion Co.

 

I would add Mya Schrembs for Green Co. Avg 20 last year as a sophomore

I would add Mya Schrembs for Green Co. Avg 20 last year as a sophomore

 

I knew there was another one for the Dragons but couldn't recall her name.

Not knowing much about the 5th region, I talked to a parent from Thomas Nelson whos daughter is a center there, he talked of her going to some different cmaps this summer that made me believe she was pretty good.

There is a girl that plays for Thomas Nelson named Madison Fritz. She is a 5'10" forward and led them in scoring and rebounding last year. Bolus has her ranked as a top 50 Senior in the state.

  • Author
Other top players (I may miss a few since I'm operating off memory from last year):

 

Tamiah Stanford — NH

Delany Eastridge — LaRue

Lisa Jo Wygal — Thomas Nelson

Shyla Calbert — NC

Marly Walls — NC (out early part of season with a broken collarbone)

Madison Faulkner — Caverna

Whitney Perian — Green Co.

Alex Keltner — Adair Co.

Haeli Howard — Marion Co.

 

I think you nailed it!

  • Author
Warden was a starter last year and Stinson might as well have been for them. E'town is the clear favorite, and Mudd always has eager, talented players waiting in line for their chance on the varsity.

 

 

Nelson Co. wil play them early on in the season to see where they match up. They will meet for the 5th region championship again IMO. If the Wygal girl for Thomas Nelson was on Nelson Co. they could beat E-town. She is the missing link for Nelson Co. heard it from coach Woods himself! Too bad she isn't over there because I've heard the new coach has no idea what he's doing.

  • Author
Other top players (I may miss a few since I'm operating off memory from last year):

 

Tamiah Stanford — NH

Delany Eastridge — LaRue

Lisa Jo Wygal — Thomas Nelson

Shyla Calbert — NC

Marly Walls — NC (out early part of season with a broken collarbone)

Madison Faulkner — Caverna

Whitney Perian — Green Co.

Alex Keltner — Adair Co.

Haeli Howard — Marion Co.

 

I think you nailed it.

  • Author
There is a girl that plays for Thomas Nelson named Madison Fritz. She is a 5'10" forward and led them in scoring and rebounding last year. Bolus has her ranked as a top 50 Senior in the state.

 

She's decent but probably the 3rd best on the team behind Wygal and Orr. Don't think she played AAU which makes you such a better player. I seen both Orr and Wyal play over summer and they are very good. Orr is just a sophomore and will be a dominate player by her senior year. Wygal is just all around athletic and can play any position on the floor. I seen her play in a championship game over summer in Indiana along side Tamiah Stanford from North Hardin against An Indiana team with Tyasha Harris (ranked #8 guard in nation) and the like. The 2 packed their team and took Indiana to the buzzer. If the coach at Thomas Nelson knows how to play these girls they could have a really good season but hearing he's very arrogant and all about himself and puts all his attention on the Fritz girl who's father is the assistant. Hope them the best.

Nelson Co. wil play them early on in the season to see where they match up. They will meet for the 5th region championship again IMO. If the Wygal girl for Thomas Nelson was on Nelson Co. they could beat E-town. She is the missing link for Nelson Co. heard it from coach Woods himself! Too bad she isn't over there because I've heard the new coach has no idea what he's doing.

 

I don't think Wygal was even top-10 in the region by Cats Pause (which is voted on by the coaches' themselves). IF she was, it certainly wasn't too high (not with Boley, Stinson, Warden, Faulkner, Stamford, Calbert, Walls, Schrembs, all back).

 

She is the missing link for Nelson to beat E'town?

 

Um, what?

  • Author
I don't think Wygal was even top-10 in the region by Cats Pause (which is voted on by the coaches' themselves). IF she was, it certainly wasn't too high (not with Boley, Stinson, Warden, Faulkner, Stamford, Calbert, Walls, Schrembs, all back).

 

She is the missing link for Nelson to beat E'town?

 

Um, what?

 

Just quoting what Nelson Co coach Woods said to a group of us over the summer.

Thomas Nelson got beat by Central Hardin last year, yet supposedly has the missing link to beat E'town (Wygal) and a top-50 senior in the State (Fritts)?

 

How do you have two players that decent and open the season 5-16 (at one point losing eight straight and 11-of-12)?

 

I think a top-10 in the region would be something like this (without polling the coaches or seeing the Cats Pause that's on newsstands now):

01. Boley, E'town (all-American)

02. Stinson, E'town (multiple D-I offers already)

03. Stanford, North Hardin

04. Faulkner, Caverna (hearing NKU like her brother)

05. Howard, Marion County

06. Warden, E'town (verballed to D-II Tampa, had OVC offers for D-I)

07. Calbert, Nelson

08. Schrembs, Green

09. Walls, Nelson

10. Presley Brown, LaRue (pretty sure Jim Schue meant Presley instead of Delany Eastridge)

Others: Beth Owens or Keltner of Adair, BreAsia Spalding of Bardstown (was second leading scorer behind Alexis Brewer), Perrian of Green, Wygal and Fritts of Thomas Nelson, Valencia Wilson (average 10.4 points and 6.6 rebs as a freshman for a 18-10 North Hardin team), Tyra Jackson and Emily Bohannon of John Hardin, Mallory Williams of LaRue, Kaylee Wheatley (averaged 8.7 ppg last year for Marion), Rachel Shoemaker (averaged 14.5 PPG last year for Taylor)

 

Here's what Bolus himself has (based on COLLEGE potential and not overall rankings of pure HS ability):

 

http://kyprephoops.com/1516/2015PosKYGirls.pdf

 

01. Boley (01 in state)

02. Stinson (08 in state)

03. Howard (15 in state)

04. Stanford (17 in state)

05-06: Calbert and Faulkner (both in 26-50 range overall in state)

BIG JUMP (as state goes 59 players without a single 5th Region player listed)

07-10: Orr, Walls, Warden, Wygal (all listed in 109-138 range in state by Bolus in ABC order)

 

I admit Bolus has Fritts, Orr and Wygal higher than I would have them.

HOWEVER, if you look at Bolus' list, there are 42 (FORTY-TWO) seniors before you get to Fritts' group. So at best, she's in the 43-50 senior range).

 

Also, Bolus always has Howard in his top-50 overall, yet she never makes many all-state teams).

  • Author
Thomas Nelson got beat by Central Hardin last year, yet supposedly has the missing link to beat E'town (Wygal) and a top-50 senior in the State (Fritts)?

 

How do you have two players that decent and open the season 5-16 (at one point losing eight straight and 11-of-12)?

 

I think a top-10 in the region would be something like this (without polling the coaches or seeing the Cats Pause that's on newsstands now):

01. Boley, E'town (all-American)

02. Stinson, E'town (multiple D-I offers already)

03. Stanford, North Hardin

04. Faulkner, Caverna (hearing NKU like her brother)

05. Howard, Marion County

06. Warden, E'town (verballed to D-II Tampa, had OVC offers for D-I)

07. Calbert, Nelson

08. Schrembs, Green

09. Walls, Nelson

10. Presley Brown, LaRue (pretty sure Jim Schue meant Presley instead of Delany Eastridge)

Others: Beth Owens or Keltner of Adair, BreAsia Spalding of Bardstown (was second leading scorer behind Alexis Brewer), Perrian of Green, Wygal and Fritts of Thomas Nelson, Valencia Wilson (average 10.4 points and 6.6 rebs as a freshman for a 18-10 North Hardin team), Tyra Jackson and Emily Bohannon of John Hardin, Mallory Williams of LaRue, Kaylee Wheatley (averaged 8.7 ppg last year for Marion), Rachel Shoemaker (averaged 14.5 PPG last year for Taylor)

 

Here's what Bolus himself has (based on COLLEGE potential and not overall rankings of pure HS ability):

 

http://kyprephoops.com/1516/2015PosKYGirls.pdf

 

01. Boley (01 in state)

02. Stinson (08 in state)

03. Howard (15 in state)

04. Stanford (17 in state)

05-06: Calbert and Faulkner (both in 26-50 range overall in state)

BIG JUMP (as state goes 59 players without a single 5th Region player listed)

07-10: Orr, Walls, Warden, Wygal (all listed in 109-138 range in state by Bolus in ABC order)

 

I admit Bolus has Fritts, Orr and Wygal higher than I would have them.

HOWEVER, if you look at Bolus' list, there are 42 (FORTY-TWO) seniors before you get to Fritts' group. So at best, she's in the 43-50 senior range).

 

Also, Bolus always has Howard in his top-50 overall, yet she never makes many all-state teams).

 

I can tell you that it was all coaching last season is why TN didn't have a 20 win season. Wygal didn't even play in the Central Hardin game I don't think. Not disputing your opinions or anything. I was just quoting what coach Woods said. He must feel she the missing link for his Cardinals to have a shot at beating Etown. That's all I was doing. As far as recruiting have heard A couple OVC teams are in contact with Wygal. Hell she could be a bust but from what I saw she looked not to be. Just my opinion. There are a lot of talented girls in the 5th and I basically agree with your list of rankings above. Bottom line Etown will win the region over Nelson Co. and should make a run at State again. Good day!

Thomas Nelson got beat by Central Hardin last year, yet supposedly has the missing link to beat E'town (Wygal) and a top-50 senior in the State (Fritts)?

 

How do you have two players that decent and open the season 5-16 (at one point losing eight straight and 11-of-12)?

 

I think a top-10 in the region would be something like this (without polling the coaches or seeing the Cats Pause that's on newsstands now):

01. Boley, E'town (all-American)

02. Stinson, E'town (multiple D-I offers already)

03. Stanford, North Hardin

04. Faulkner, Caverna (hearing NKU like her brother)

05. Howard, Marion County

06. Warden, E'town (verballed to D-II Tampa, had OVC offers for D-I)

07. Calbert, Nelson

08. Schrembs, Green

09. Walls, Nelson

10. Presley Brown, LaRue (pretty sure Jim Schue meant Presley instead of Delany Eastridge)

Others: Beth Owens or Keltner of Adair, BreAsia Spalding of Bardstown (was second leading scorer behind Alexis Brewer), Perrian of Green, Wygal and Fritts of Thomas Nelson, Valencia Wilson (average 10.4 points and 6.6 rebs as a freshman for a 18-10 North Hardin team), Tyra Jackson and Emily Bohannon of John Hardin, Mallory Williams of LaRue, Kaylee Wheatley (averaged 8.7 ppg last year for Marion), Rachel Shoemaker (averaged 14.5 PPG last year for Taylor)

 

Here's what Bolus himself has (based on COLLEGE potential and not overall rankings of pure HS ability):

 

http://kyprephoops.com/1516/2015PosKYGirls.pdf

 

01. Boley (01 in state)

02. Stinson (08 in state)

03. Howard (15 in state)

04. Stanford (17 in state)

05-06: Calbert and Faulkner (both in 26-50 range overall in state)

BIG JUMP (as state goes 59 players without a single 5th Region player listed)

07-10: Orr, Walls, Warden, Wygal (all listed in 109-138 range in state by Bolus in ABC order)

 

I admit Bolus has Fritts, Orr and Wygal higher than I would have them.

HOWEVER, if you look at Bolus' list, there are 42 (FORTY-TWO) seniors before you get to Fritts' group. So at best, she's in the 43-50 senior range).

 

Also, Bolus always has Howard in his top-50 overall, yet she never makes many all-state teams).

 

I discount anything that Bolus puts out on rankings. His service is not very reliable and as far as I'm concerned is nothing but a moneymaker for him.

She's decent but probably the 3rd best on the team behind Wygal and Orr. Don't think she played AAU which makes you such a better player. I seen both Orr and Wyal play over summer and they are very good. Orr is just a sophomore and will be a dominate player by her senior year. Wygal is just all around athletic and can play any position on the floor. I seen her play in a championship game over summer in Indiana along side Tamiah Stanford from North Hardin against An Indiana team with Tyasha Harris (ranked #8 guard in nation) and the like. The 2 packed their team and took Indiana to the buzzer. If the coach at Thomas Nelson knows how to play these girls they could have a really good season but hearing he's very arrogant and all about himself and puts all his attention on the Fritz girl who's father is the assistant. Hope them the best.

 

TN had a rough year last year no doubt. The games I saw Fritz and Wygal are their best two players. Orr is coming along nicely though and has a great future. Fritz averaged 15 and 8 last year as a Junior so no way she's third best on the team. Speaking of the OT loss at Central Hardin, Fritz had 36 points and 18 rebounds in that game. You don't consistently put up those numbers and not be pretty skilled.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.