Everything posted by BBALL IQ
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
TNHS girls have went 51-63 in their first four years not an astonishing 70-44! I agree with being patient but they run the good coaches off with their lack of support for athletics! Coachin numbers in the first 4 years. Girls bball - 3, Boys bball - 2, girls soccer - 2, , football - 2, baseball - 3, volleyball - 4. Boys soccaer only sport to keep a coach all for years all others have had multiple. There;s something wrong there IMO.
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
Doesn't matter if Jeff Walz, Kim Mulkey, or Geno himself applied for the job. The good ol' boy system is in play here and the hire will be Mitch Tiller so no need in anyone else even applying because you'll be wasting your time. TNHS is a joke when it comes to athletics. Take a look at how many coaches they have had in all sports in just 4 years of existence.
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
Sorry, I must've been misinformed that she applied. She's a great coach I think and will get Bardstown girls on top of the district soon and keep them there I believe.
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
No bad blood what so ever. Just stating my opinion from watching TNHS the past 2 seasons.
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
The Orr girl. I think she'll be a Junior
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
TNHS dropped the ball when they chose Mr. Whitehouse over Bardstown High coach Amber Courtney. She applied for the TNHS job and they chose Whitehouse. Terrible decision. She is above and beyond the coach Whitehouse thought he was.
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
Look at the schedule, very weak. They had 2 good players that have graduated and 1 good player returning but I'd say they won't win 10 games next season. North Bullitt coach might be a decent hire. But from what I heard this morning Mr. Whitehouse resigned to take the AD job there and I don't believe too many will want to coach with him over seeing it. He's very arrogant!
-
Open Job: Thomas Nelson
Thomas Nelson's coach resigned today leaving this job open. TNHS can't keep a coach in any sport for more than 2 years. Although Mr. Whitehouse needed to go. He couldn't coach middle school more less high school. I'm sure it will be another bust of a hire. Hopefully someone applies that can build something with the program and community. My gut says though that the hire will be a local named Mitch Tiller. If that's the case the program will stay behind in their district for many years!
-
Girl's Roster for the KY/OH All Star Game
Anyone know where Tamiah Stanford is going to play in college. I really like her game and if she gets her jump shot improved she will be elite. Just my opinion folks but the girl has a lot of talent.
-
Players career stats
How would you rank a player that will finish her high school career with 1000 points, 500 assists, & 500 rebounds? Is this a remarkable feat or just ordinary? Thanks for your input.
-
Shelby County 62 Thomas Nelson 59 (OT)
Ok looked up names on KHSAA. #14 was Justus Martin #31 Lisa Jo Wygal.
-
Shelby County 62 Thomas Nelson 59 (OT)
Watched the Shelby Co vs Thomas Nelson game tonight in Bardstown. Very good game. TN lead entire game and Shelby tied it at the FT line then missed second attempt and TN took it distance and good dish but girl missed layup for the win. Shelby built a 6 point lead in OT and sweated out a 3 point attempt at buzzer to win 62-59. #14 for Shelby is a beast of a player. #31 for TN is a great player also. I happened to sit by a stat keeper for TN. #31 had 15 points 6-7 FG, 7 reb, 7 steals, 5 assists (could've had a dozen easily if girls finished) 1 block and 1 turnover. Not sure of #14 for Shelby but if I had to guess she had 30+ Points 10+ boards. Great game!
-
June Buchanan 102 Jenkins 92
Key word TEAM. Jenkins is a one player team. She takes 45-50 FG attempts a game. I wouldn't want my daughter on that kind of TEAM. Putting in the same amount of time and effort in practices to run up and down the floor watching her teammate shoot 95% of the time. Just my thoughts. I'm sure she is a wonderful player!
-
Whitney Creech - Jenkins - Question for BGP's
Pause the clip at 2:24 and you will see why! Plus she shoots 35-40 shots a game. Any decent shooter (and there are many) that shoots that much can score like her. I get that she's the only player on her team that can score and that's the reason she's even being talked about IMO. She shouldn't even be a finalist for Miss Basketball. Boley is Miss Basketball and the whole state knows it. Not hating on this girl just my opinion.
-
Whitney Creech - Jenkins - Question for BGP's
Averages around 36-40 shots a game!
-
5th Region up for grabs?
You are correct I was misinformed on Wygal playing in that game. Was just told she played first half and coach didn't play her after halftime. Something must've happened in the locker room then? As for everything else you said I almost agree completely. Only thing is Stanford is D1 material but has a lazy mentality sometimes that will hold her from it IMO. She can flat out ball when she gets going but needs to improve her jumper. Other than that I think you are on top of it all Nathaniel! Keep on keeping us all informed.
-
5th Region up for grabs?
I can tell you that it was all coaching last season is why TN didn't have a 20 win season. Wygal didn't even play in the Central Hardin game I don't think. Not disputing your opinions or anything. I was just quoting what coach Woods said. He must feel she the missing link for his Cardinals to have a shot at beating Etown. That's all I was doing. As far as recruiting have heard A couple OVC teams are in contact with Wygal. Hell she could be a bust but from what I saw she looked not to be. Just my opinion. There are a lot of talented girls in the 5th and I basically agree with your list of rankings above. Bottom line Etown will win the region over Nelson Co. and should make a run at State again. Good day!
-
5th Region up for grabs?
Just quoting what Nelson Co coach Woods said to a group of us over the summer.
-
5th Region up for grabs?
She's decent but probably the 3rd best on the team behind Wygal and Orr. Don't think she played AAU which makes you such a better player. I seen both Orr and Wyal play over summer and they are very good. Orr is just a sophomore and will be a dominate player by her senior year. Wygal is just all around athletic and can play any position on the floor. I seen her play in a championship game over summer in Indiana along side Tamiah Stanford from North Hardin against An Indiana team with Tyasha Harris (ranked #8 guard in nation) and the like. The 2 packed their team and took Indiana to the buzzer. If the coach at Thomas Nelson knows how to play these girls they could have a really good season but hearing he's very arrogant and all about himself and puts all his attention on the Fritz girl who's father is the assistant. Hope them the best.
-
5th Region up for grabs?
I think you nailed it.
-
5th Region up for grabs?
Nelson Co. wil play them early on in the season to see where they match up. They will meet for the 5th region championship again IMO. If the Wygal girl for Thomas Nelson was on Nelson Co. they could beat E-town. She is the missing link for Nelson Co. heard it from coach Woods himself! Too bad she isn't over there because I've heard the new coach has no idea what he's doing.
-
5th Region up for grabs?
I think you nailed it!
-
Elizabethtown 2015-16
Hearing rumblings of the Wygal girl from Thomas Nelson transferring to Nelson Co. This girl is the missing piece to Nelson Co. team. If this is true then Nelson Co. will give E-town a run for their money. They play each other early in the season so we will see. If this is true. Just stating what I've heard.
-
Elizabethtown 2015-16
Hearing rumblings of the Wygal girl from Thomas Nelson transferring to Nelson Co. This girl is the missing piece to Nelson Co. team. If this is true then Nelson Co. will give E-town a run for their money. They play each other early in the season so we will see. If this is true. Just stating what I've heard.
-
Top players returning in the 5th region?
My top 10 Erin Boley - E-Town Tamiah Stanford - North Hardin Shyla Calbert - Nelson County LisaJo Wygal - Thomas Nelson Jada Stinson - E-town Haeli Howard - Marion Co. Alex Keltner - Adair Co. Rachel Warden - E-town Rachel Shoemaker - Taylor Co. Presley Brown - Larue Co.