Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

June Buchanan 102 Jenkins 92

Featured Replies

I just received this from her coach. She scored 63 points in the 102-92 double overtime loss to June Buchahan. Creech now has 4,568 career points and needs 376 more to pass Jaime Walz-Richey for the most career boys or girls points in Kentucky history.

I'm shocked that opposing teams continue to allow her to score like that.

I'm shocked that opposing teams continue to allow her to score like that.

 

Allow her to score?

 

obviously hasn't seen her play. You just don't stop her.

Proffitt - 53 / Creech - 63 Creech wins the individual battle of these 2 scoring machines.

obviously hasn't seen her play. You just don't stop her.

 

I know Jenkins isn't loaded with talent. You can tell that by looking at their record, schedule, and Creech's numbers. I just don't understand why some of these teams that have lost to Jenkins didn't try some junk defense to keep her at least under 20 points. I saw one coach several years ago run a 1-1-3 chaser that also doubled the star player on every catch. They used against teams that were heavily reliant on their star player and struggled once they were taken out of their game. It kept said team in the game when they otherwise shouldn't have been. I know the girl has talent, not Erin Boley level talent but still a legitamate D1 player, but someone's scheme needs some work if you routinely allow someone to score 50+ every game.

  • Author

Her coach said teams have tried various double and triple-teams. Creech tries to beat teams down the court before they can set up their defense. She also scores a lot off rebounding.

Horrific transition defense if they are giving up that many points because she gets the rebound and beats everyone down the floor. I've seen her play once and she wasn't a super athlete that could leap full courts in a single bound.

Thing is who cares...let her score her 50 a game..as long as your team out scores her in most cases they win. Not taking anything away from her, very admirable numbers, but when the other 6 or 7 players only average about 16 to 18 points a game combined..I'd take my chances

Horrific transition defense if they are giving up that many points because she gets the rebound and beats everyone down the floor. I've seen her play once and she wasn't a super athlete that could leap full courts in a single bound.

 

The teams/players Jenkins plays against can't stop her. I'll leave it at that, everyone can take it how they want.

Thing is who cares...let her score her 50 a game..as long as your team out scores her in most cases they win. Not taking anything away from her, very admirable numbers, but when the other 6 or 7 players only average about 16 to 18 points a game combined..I'd take my chances

 

So you'd take your chances willingly giving up 66-68 points? You must be quite the coach.

I will say this. She wont score that going against good players( other D1/D2 kids). She is talented for sure at the high school level and I hope she has a great career at WKU. I will also say that next year when she is gone the parents at Jenkins are going to be calling for the AD and Coaches head......

So you'd take your chances willingly giving up 66-68 points? You must be quite the coach.

The point I'm making is most teams that have a player that scores 90% of the points and basically is the only offense that team has usually doesn't fair too well against a balanced TEAM.. (Emphasis on TEAM)..again, not taking anything away from this young lady's talent or accomplishments, heck I'd love to see my daughter score 60 pts in a game, I'd be doing cartwheels in the stands!! Look at MJ...and before anyone spouts off about me comparing HS girls basketball to the NBA I'm not...before the Bulls went on the impressive run of championships, Jordan was scoring 50-60 a game..and when he dropped down to 30 and got the rest of the team involved is when the run started..

The point I'm making is most teams that have a player that scores 90% of the points and basically is the only offense that team has usually doesn't fair too well against a balanced TEAM.. (Emphasis on TEAM)..again, not taking anything away from this young lady's talent or accomplishments, heck I'd love to see my daughter score 60 pts in a game, I'd be doing cartwheels in the stands!! Look at MJ...and before anyone spouts off about me comparing HS girls basketball to the NBA I'm not...before the Bulls went on the impressive run of championships, Jordan was scoring 50-60 a game..and when he dropped down to 30 and got the rest of the team involved is when the run started..

Key word TEAM. Jenkins is a one player team. She takes 45-50 FG attempts a game. I wouldn't want my daughter on that kind of TEAM. Putting in the same amount of time and effort in practices to run up and down the floor watching her teammate shoot 95% of the time. Just my thoughts. I'm sure she is a wonderful player!

I haven't seen this young lady play, but I heard she is quite the fighter! You all are bashing a girl that is going out there game after game and giving Jenkins a chance to win games because let's face it without her they wouldn't win a game. I went to khsaa scoreboard and I see her numbers. She is averaging right under 35 shots a game, and that's the only stat you're worried about. Did you know she's shooting 55% from the field? Why wouldn't you want her to shoot?! If I had a player shooting at that high percentage, I would continue to give her the green light. That coach would be ignorant if she told Creech to stop doing what she's doing.

Anyways, another stat that is being passed is her rebounding. 17.2 a game!!!!!!!!!! Isn't she around 5'8????! That's crazy! I'm sure If she was as selfish as you guys are making her she wouldn't waste her time and energy rebounding.

Moving along the stats because these are not opinion based, but facts. I see 2 other young ladies who have shot over 100 times each, and one is averaging 9.9 and the other 7.4. I'm sure they wouldn't be getting those numbers if teams weren't double and triple teaming Creech. I'm sure the girls love the attention on Creech so they get a lot of wide open looks! I know you will say well that's only two other girls, but let's be honest Jenkins don't have much to pull from. They have a total of 8 girls, and 2 I believe are really young.

Give this kid a break! She could've transferred to a better school, or could've took it easy since she's already committed to WKU. But she stayed at Jenkins, plays with heart and works hard, and doesn't give up. She does what the coaches ask of her and then some. Be proud of her accomplishments rather than criticize. She's a special player that any coach in the state would take in! Keep it up Creech!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.