Johnson Central 42 Lexington Catholic 28

15th Region

JC with the big win in Lexington. The Golden Eagles dominate the LOS on both sides and were a first and goal away from a running clock in the 3rd Quarter. Great comeback by the Knights, but too little too late. Awesome atmosphere for a game. Power defeated Speed in this game although Catholic was not much faster than JC. Who got this one right? Who got it wrong? Thoughts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice win for JC though they tried to serve this one up on a silver platter late.

LC fans have to have mixed feelings. One one side you have to love the fight of this team late..without a penalty taking a TD back who knows what would have happened.

On the other side you have to be concerned as JC bludgeoned the Knights up front and could have easily made this a 30+ point loss.

All in all two teams who got to see a team they needed to experience to improve. Both teams got better after tonight.

Johnson Central looks to be legit! Question... How good is Lex Cath in football because I know nothing about their program?

Very good

Traditionally a Top 15 or Top 20 overall team in the State.

If LexCath was in 4A they would be a Top 3 team this year.

Very good

Traditionally a Top 15 or Top 20 overall team in the State.

If LexCath was in 4A they would be a Top 3 team this year.

What class is Lex Cath? If that is true then you are essentially saying JC is easily the top team in 4A considering how they dismantled LC. I don't believe that to be true....

What class is Lex Cath? If that is true then you are essentially saying JC is easily the top team in 4A considering how they dismantled LC. I don't believe that to be true....

During the Matney era I would say JC has consistently been a top 5 team in 4A. If they had been in the west they would likely have a few state runner-up trophies. Highlands and CovCath are tough!

LC was in 4A until this year as well and right now I would put JC and South Warren on a collision course for the title.

On a side note, the Knights will see a similar style of play if they face Belfry.

3A.. they entered #3

JC only won by 14... LexCath would be 3rd behind South Warren.

IMHO, JC has a slight edge on South Warren right now, but possibly a toss up..both are very good and better than LexCath.. I am just not high on the rest of 4A

It's also worth noting LexCath was 4A last year and dropped down. They were a Top 5 4A team most years and arguably the 2nd or 3rd best team in a lot of those years. Just had the same misfortune of JC...Highlands was in their way (well the Highlands we used to know :D )

Honest question, nothing against JC or their fans.

Has LC went down some since Coach Letton left?

No idea, but after watching tonight Catholic has a really good team with great athletes and speed all over the place. I wouldnt say they are down, JC is just really good right now. They will be tough to beat in the playoffs, just didnt seem to have any answer for the power game JC brought.

3A.. they entered #3

JC only won by 14... LexCath would be 3rd behind South Warren.

IMHO, JC has a slight edge on South Warren right now, but possibly a toss up..both are very good and better than LexCath.. I am just not high on the rest of 4A

I agree that JC and South W are the top 2 teams, but JC better Learn to pass before playing South because South is probably has the toughest run defense in the State.... I really do hope these two square off at State though. It would be an "Instant Classic"!!!!