Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lex Cath's KHSAA appearance

Featured Replies

Coming from pebbleville I'm sure you're well versed in terms like "culture of compliance":laugh:

 

I'd say OSU is more the type to say "OK whats the penalty, Ive got to get back to practice/recruiting/etc.:D

 

Why do you think we're called "the Bucks" ;) ;)

 

Go Bucks, Woody Jr

I point out the obvious, that OSU has a recent history of compliance issues (thats polite for cheating). And you fire back with a comment about Trinity. Maybe you can provide some info on any time that Trinity has had compliance issues. If not, close your yap. There are rules on this site about being a rumor-monger.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Is that new slang for more cheating???

 

 

Unfortunately, as I complain about often, it's the monstrosity that college sports have become.:cry:

 

That has not stopped me from enjoying college athletics which is vastly superior to pro sports in most every single case.

 

Perhaps I like that "illusion" of innocence floating through the air on Saturday aftrenoons. . . . or was that the guy drinking whiskey next to me?

 

Oh well

 

Go Bucks, Woody Jr

  • Author
I point out the obvious, that OSU has a recent history of compliance issues (thats polite for cheating). And you fire back with a comment about Trinity. Maybe you can provide some info on any time that Trinity has had compliance issues. If not, close your yap. There are rules on this site about being a rumor-monger.

 

Grow up little one. No need to get testy - you started it and I replied. Whats your problem - able to start it but not take it?

 

Woody Jr

Grow up little one. No need to get testy - you started it and I replied. Whats your problem - able to start it but not take it?

 

Woody Jr

First, I've never been refered to as little anything. I kind of like it.

I didn't start jack. I pointed out the truth and you responded with a thinly diguised lie, I called you on it. No more, no less. If you want to run your yap, stick to the facts or expect to get busted.

Please provide some, any back-up for the charges you make.

 

Questions were asked, quite pointedly in that area.

I would suspect that the KHSAA has some fodder that the funds were received in order to pay the fine.

Will they get to the bottom of it?

Maybe not.

LABS, I asked a BOC member and she did in fact answer the questions. You may have bad scoop.

She did answer the questions.

Yes, but did her response really answer the questions?

Ambigiousness abound.

Read the LHL article on it.

The fund was a school scholarship and only ONE of the eight that recived money was an athlete. The problem was that the fund was not advertised to the entire student body before being given out.

The perpsective athlete received one based on what?

What criteria was used to give him one?

My problem in fining a high school $30,000 dollars is wouldn't they be hurting the educational process. Suspension, probations, and other forms of punishment seem to me is whats needed on the high school level.

Lexington Catholic also lost some games ... in football and baseball, I believe. And let's face it ... if some LexCath boosters raised money to pay the fine, it wasn't coming out of educational projects.

WOW the hatred for LexCath is so intense.

 

Will any punishment satisfy you people.

 

How about public flogging?

  • Author
First, I've never been refered to as little anything. I kind of like it.

I didn't start jack. I pointed out the truth and you responded with a thinly diguised lie, I called you on it. No more, no less. If you want to run your yap, stick to the facts or expect to get busted.

 

 

Well as they say; "Lets go to the videotape"

 

I started the thread as a complaint about HS officials acting like college stating:

"It's sickening to me how HS is turning into the same krapola as college."

I don't even know what LexCath was fined for (dont care). I was addressing the public gesturing and how it's become like college.

Nothing more - nothing less.

 

You get on here and make zero comment on the thread topic-ZERO. Instead you post:

As an OSU man, you would qualify as an expert on this kind of "krapola".

 

Well I can take a light hearted poke - as probably most any normal person could tell by my self deprecating response:

"I'd say OSU is more the type to say "OK whats the penalty, Ive got to get back to practice/recruiting/etc.

Why do you think we're called "the Bucks"

Anyone who thinks that I am mad or upset by your little comment is waaaaay out in left field. In joking return I also post:

Coming from pebbleville I'm sure you're well versed in terms like "culture of compliance" :laugh:

I mean you guys are always in the middle of these endless arguments / accusations about supposed evil-doing:p Isn't it obvious to EVERYONE that you guys are more used to the word games that are played? It was meant 50% as a comeback - 50% as a return poke to you.

 

Instead of laughing it off and saying OK - we're even :DYOU go ballistic and post this:

I point out the obvious, that OSU has a recent history of compliance issues (thats polite for cheating). And you fire back with a comment about Trinity. Maybe you can provide some info on any time that Trinity has had compliance issues. If not, close your yap. There are rules on this site about being a rumor-monger.

 

YOU are the one who made a statement about OSU and cheating. Again, for you and for those joining us late; thats NOT what the thread is about! If you have a problem with that issue you are perfectly free to start your very own little thread on that topic:D

You then scream "There are rules on this site about being a rumor-monger" and then you threaten me with to provide info on trinity or "If not, close your yap"

Hummmm, I don't know what special abilities you believe you possess but in looking at my reply to your 1st unprovoked attack about OSU, there is absolutely NOTHING vauguely resembling a rumor about T. Someone would have to be delirious, over-the-top hyper-paranoid, or feeling guilty about something having to do with T in order to make a statement so utterly false & completely void of substance:rolleyes: . You could post any of my statements and prove how they accuse T of anything or maybe admit you were WRONG.:sssh:

As for your telling me to "...close your yap" :laugh: :laugh:

I can only reply as I so eloquently did with another wanna be BGP bully.....

 

Run along, you're not my mom :sleep:

you are the boss of no one - get over it:rolleyes:

 

Woody Jr

Oh I get it now, the crack about "pebbleville" and "culture of compliance" (BTW this term was used by a school that had been caught cheating) was meant as a compliment. Then again maybe you are just another private school basher thats bitter over the lack of success at your program.

My problem in fining a high school $30,000 dollars is wouldn't they be hurting the educational process. Suspension, probations, and other forms of punishment seem to me is whats needed on the high school level.

That might be true if you look at just the superficial amount. But one of the Board members told me that a majority of the money was not really a fine, but to repay the cost of the lawyers and investigators who worked on the latest investigation. For that, it is ENTIRELY appropriate since it was the member schools' money that funded it originally, it should be recovered if a school is found guilty. If it is as the member said, it is entirely appropriate and punishes the school and not innocent kids who weren't part of the problem in the first place. It's easy to scream "do it like the NCAA", "kick em out", "take them out of the playoffs", etc. But have you talked to the Heritage kids who missed post season two years ago because their coach couldn't count? Was it appropriate that the kids face the loss of postseason experience because an adult couldn't count? I for one applaud the concept that every where they can, that the school and adults be punished, and the kids be allowed to play the games.

If a goodly amount of the $30,000.00 was used to pay excessive fees to Ted Martin that changes nothing. The school still paid $30,000.00. Whether it went to the KHSAA's overpaid lawyer or whether it went to a bonus for the commissioner is immaterial. As to where the money came from, I still say it is no ones's business. Since Lexington Catholic is a private school and, thus, receives no public funding from the tax coffers, we can be sure that it cost the taxpayers nothing. Nonetheless, it does raise the question as to the source of funds used to pay fines levied on public schools. Are our tax dollars used for this purpose? I find this to be a much more relevant question than being concerned about how a highly successful (and highly envied) private school pays its fine.

If a goodly amount of the $30,000.00 was used to pay excessive fees to Ted Martin that changes nothing. The school still paid $30,000.00. Whether it went to the KHSAA's overpaid lawyer or whether it went to a bonus for the commissioner is immaterial. As to where the money came from, I still say it is no ones's business. Since Lexington Catholic is a private school and, thus, receives no public funding from the tax coffers, we can be sure that it cost the taxpayers nothing. Nonetheless, it does raise the question as to the source of funds used to pay fines levied on public schools. Are our tax dollars used for this purpose? I find this to be a much more relevant question than being concerned about how a highly successful (and highly envied) private school pays its fine.

 

Personal attacks are not only a problem with BGP rules, but below your normal level of decorum and well-thought comment. Check your personal agenda at the door in your past experiences with their counsel, certainly in naming by name. That's inappropriate and you are better than that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.