September 1, 201511 yr The Auschwitz museum installed showers resembling gas chambers to keep visitors cool
September 1, 201511 yr Author Just for the record, they aren't showers; they are misting stations. Just for the record, the showers weren't showers; they were death chambers.
September 1, 201511 yr Just for the record, the showers weren't showers; they were death chambers. Drops mic....
September 1, 201511 yr Maybe they should have used these... Well then...there's what happens when you post before you read through all of the previous posts.
September 1, 201511 yr OK I am in the minority, but I am on board with them and here is why: Maybe the people who are fortunate enough to cool off from those misting fans will understand how AWFUL it would have been to be put to death in that very same manner. It is a hands on experience, albeit a morbid one. Those who do not study the past are condemned to relive it. I think that there should be signs saying that one can only use the misting fans in silence, in respect for the thousands that perished in that same manner.
September 1, 201511 yr Author OK I am in the minority, but I am on board with them and here is why: Maybe the people who are fortunate enough to cool off from those misting fans will understand how AWFUL it would have been to be put to death in that very same manner. It is a hands on experience, albeit a morbid one. Those who do not study the past are condemned to relive it. I think that there should be signs saying that one can only use the misting fans in silence, in respect for the thousands that perished in that same manner. Fans weren't used just the misting "Showers", if the fans were used no one would have ever questioned it.
September 1, 201511 yr Either way I am OK with it, there just has to be a respectful tone to the area and not a laugh/joke/play area to cool off.
September 1, 201511 yr There are some variation of misting stations just about everywhere these days. Could they have maybe designed it a bit better? Sure. Is it even reaction-worthy? Not in the least.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.