Louisville Area Power Rankings 8-31-15

Bert

I'm curious why everyone has the X/BG game as the game of the week. Just asking...don't go crazy on my.

BG #1 in 5A and X #6 -10 in most state wide polls.

Trinity and Lafayette is a match up of two top 5 reams in the same class.

Seeing BG and X mentioned by many as the game of the week. Sounds good to me...just wondering how/why. Would love to see Lafayette get some respect with all the big names coming to Louisville Friday night. Can't wait to see the highest rated player in the history of our state play against the Rocks...oh, and Landon Young, and Walker Wood, etc!!!

Two teams that are traditionally the best in the state, and I believe 3 or their last 4 meetings have come down to a one TD victory.

If Lafayette can beat Trinity they will get all the respect they can handle.

BG vs X the past 4 years...

6-0 in 2014 (BG)

39-25 in 2013 (BG)

38-21 in 2012 (BG)

28-20 in 2011 (BG)

BG winning by an average of 11.25 points over the past 4 years. What is the overall standing of this series? Anyone can win? Trinity is 5-0 against the Purples. I know a lot of people hope to get that one back on the schedule. A lot of close games over the years.

Bert I totally agree with your thinking. North Oldham I think has come out of the box swinging and will take care of E-town. I have not been impressed with John Hardin. I am not totally sold if a win over Warren Central will be that impressive unless they beat them 14 or more. You are right, by the end of sept we will know more about each team. 4A District 4 will be fun to watch...

I think Etown will win this one.

I am leaning that way also but if N Oldham does win, it would be hard to not rank them. If they lose and Spencer Co wins, Spencer Co. obviously stays ranked.

Well, I think we can take North Olham out of any Top 10 discussion after that butt whippin. At the moment, Spencer stays till I see what Collins did. Haven't heard what Central Hardin did either.

Well, I think we can take North Olham out of any Top 10 discussion after that butt whippin. At the moment, Spencer stays till I see what Collins did. Haven't heard what Central Hardin did either.

Just saw Collins lost to a very mediocre Eastern, Spencer County belongs in top Ten.

Yep, those two certainly worked their way out of the discussion tonight. However, I do think Elizabethtown has made a pretty strong case for themselves and could be deserving of a spot.

However, I do think Elizabethtown has made a pretty strong case for themselves and could be deserving of a spot.

If Elizabethtown was in the Louisville Area they would absolutely be ranked but I am 99% sure they are in the Western KY Area. I didn't set the boundaries but I believe that is the case.

If Elizabethtown was in the Louisville Area they would absolutely be ranked but I am 99% sure they are in the Western KY Area. I didn't set the boundaries but I believe that is the case.

Ok, I was thinking since Central Hardin was included in the Louisville area that Elizabethtown would be too.

Hardin County borders Jefferson County. You can stay on Dixie (31-W) coming south out of Louisville and you'd run into Fort Knox, North Hardin (turn at Prather), John Hardin (you can see it from Dixie), Central Hardin (turn right on Ring Road) and then Elizabethtown (turn left on Ring Road).

That being said, Elizabethtown is considered its own metro area.

Elizabethtown is also in the Eastern time zone. Only one other Eastern time zone county that could be considered Western Kentucky is Meade (and Meade is the ONLY Eastern time zone school in the 3rd Region).