9. Campbell County

10. Newport Catholic

Others: Dixie Heights 3, Bellevue 2, Holy Cross 2, Ludlow 1, Walton-Verona 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Scott is #5 . They couldn't beat CovCath or Beechwood. Since Scott likes playing small schools, they should put Woolley's alma mater back on the schedule

I think they could beat Beechwood and CovCath. They play 2 6A teams in Conner and SK this season.

I think they could beat Beechwood and CovCath. They play 2 6A teams in Conner and SK this season.

Just because they play 2 6A teams doesn't mean they are good enough to step up to those two schools. Have they closed the gap, yes. Are they ready to beat either of those programs, no way

Scott also won a freshman championship a couple of years ago. I assume Scott is the best team in NKY with that logic

Scott played Beechwood last season in JV and beat them.. Would love to see them play varsity

Scott also won a freshman championship a couple of years ago. I assume Scott is the best team in NKY with that logic

Nope it's just the only comparative analysis I have between Beechwood and Scott off the top of my head.

No way Scott is #5 . They couldn't beat CovCath or Beechwood. Since Scott likes playing small schools, they should put Woolley's alma mater back on the schedule

There it is. So they play state finalist 2A team, and a 6a finalist (that just moved down to 5A), and that's not good enough? I'm not saying a win over those two schools is a sure thing. But Scott beat Dixie worse than Beechwood did in their scrimmage (and yes I know it was a scrimmage) I've seen Beechwood (albeit on film), and I think a Scott/Beechwood game is a toss up.

There it is. So they play state finalist 2A team, and a 6a finalist (that just moved down to 5A), and that's not good enough? I'm not saying a win over those two schools is a sure thing. But Scott beat Dixie worse than Beechwood did in their scrimmage (and yes I know it was a scrimmage) I've seen Beechwood (albeit on film), and I think a Scott/Beechwood game is a toss up.

Like many teams Scott is in a TBD stage right now. I don't put a lot into the first two games. We'll learn more as we proceed.

Nope it's just the only comparative analysis I have between Beechwood and Scott off the top of my head.

They also beat them at the freshman level, and they have won two freshman championships.....5 years ago, and last year. Doesn't mean anything at the varsity level, but I think Scott and Beechwood is a toss up right now.

Like many teams Scott is in a TBD stage right now. I don't put a lot into the first two games. We'll learn more as we proceed.

And I would agree. There's a lot of season left, and much could change. The "bad schedule" stuff I keep hearing just gets old. They've continued to upgrade their schedule as the program has improved over the last 4-5 years. No one had a problem with Scott's schedule when they played 1A and 2A teams and were finishing 2-8. People act like after having a 7-4 and 6-4 season, the first consecutive winning seasons in the school history (and the only 2 winning seasons in rougly the last 20 years) that they should start scheduling Trinity to get any respect.

In my head, I have a hard time thinking they are better than Cov Cath. So maybe 5 is too high, but it's hard for me to put them any lower than 6th. Really, NKY looks to be very competitive and there is a good chance this list will be a lot different in a few weeks.