Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Football Coaches Poll: Week 2

Featured Replies

NKY Football: Week 2

1. Simon Kenton ( 3 )

65

2. Cooper ( 4 )

58

3. Highlands

54

4. Ryle

53

5. Scott

35

6. Covington Catholic

33

7. Beechwood

30

8. Conner

27

9. Campbell County

13

10. Newport Catholic

8

Others: Dixie Heights 3, Bellevue 2, Holy Cross 2, Ludlow 1, Walton-Verona 1

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

The new #1 !!!!!

  • Author

Look at Scott moving up to #5 .

I think all that poll is defensible. There are no clear mistakes. Although, now that I look again, it looks like they overlooked Lloyd in the others category. I would have Lloyd at #11 or 12. I see them and Dixie as a toss up right now.

No way Scott is #5 . They couldn't beat CovCath or Beechwood. Since Scott likes playing small schools, they should put Woolley's alma mater back on the schedule

  • Author
No way Scott is #5 . They couldn't beat CovCath or Beechwood. Since Scott likes playing small schools, they should put Woolley's alma mater back on the schedule

 

I think they could beat Beechwood and CovCath. They play 2 6A teams in Conner and SK this season.

Still don't understand why 2/3 of the coaches don't vote. Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.

I think they could beat Beechwood and CovCath. They play 2 6A teams in Conner and SK this season.

 

Just because they play 2 6A teams doesn't mean they are good enough to step up to those two schools. Have they closed the gap, yes. Are they ready to beat either of those programs, no way

Scott played Beechwood last season in JV and beat them.. Would love to see them play varsity

Scott also won a freshman championship a couple of years ago. I assume Scott is the best team in NKY with that logic

Scott played Beechwood last season in JV and beat them.. Would love to see them play varsity
Scott also won a freshman championship a couple of years ago. I assume Scott is the best team in NKY with that logic

Nope it's just the only comparative analysis I have between Beechwood and Scott off the top of my head.

No way Scott is #5 . They couldn't beat CovCath or Beechwood. Since Scott likes playing small schools, they should put Woolley's alma mater back on the schedule

 

There it is. So they play state finalist 2A team, and a 6a finalist (that just moved down to 5A), and that's not good enough? I'm not saying a win over those two schools is a sure thing. But Scott beat Dixie worse than Beechwood did in their scrimmage (and yes I know it was a scrimmage) I've seen Beechwood (albeit on film), and I think a Scott/Beechwood game is a toss up.

There it is. So they play state finalist 2A team, and a 6a finalist (that just moved down to 5A), and that's not good enough? I'm not saying a win over those two schools is a sure thing. But Scott beat Dixie worse than Beechwood did in their scrimmage (and yes I know it was a scrimmage) I've seen Beechwood (albeit on film), and I think a Scott/Beechwood game is a toss up.

 

Like many teams Scott is in a TBD stage right now. I don't put a lot into the first two games. We'll learn more as we proceed.

Nope it's just the only comparative analysis I have between Beechwood and Scott off the top of my head.

 

They also beat them at the freshman level, and they have won two freshman championships.....5 years ago, and last year. Doesn't mean anything at the varsity level, but I think Scott and Beechwood is a toss up right now.

Like many teams Scott is in a TBD stage right now. I don't put a lot into the first two games. We'll learn more as we proceed.

 

And I would agree. There's a lot of season left, and much could change. The "bad schedule" stuff I keep hearing just gets old. They've continued to upgrade their schedule as the program has improved over the last 4-5 years. No one had a problem with Scott's schedule when they played 1A and 2A teams and were finishing 2-8. People act like after having a 7-4 and 6-4 season, the first consecutive winning seasons in the school history (and the only 2 winning seasons in rougly the last 20 years) that they should start scheduling Trinity to get any respect.

 

In my head, I have a hard time thinking they are better than Cov Cath. So maybe 5 is too high, but it's hard for me to put them any lower than 6th. Really, NKY looks to be very competitive and there is a good chance this list will be a lot different in a few weeks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.