Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jayvon Quarles Western Kentucky GOW: Mayfield 2A (2-0) at Paducah Tilghman 3A (1-1)

Who wins this contest? 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this contest?

    • Mayfield
      81%
    • Paducah Tilghman
      18%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Jayvon Quarles Western Kentucky Game of the Week!

Mayfield at 2 and 0 travels the short distance to Paducah to take on the Blue Tornados (1-1) of Paducah Tilghman. Who wins this one and why?

Mayfield has played 2 uneventful games against 2 teams that they were vastly superior to while PT has played to much stronger opponents and split. I agree with MF's approach starting off with 2 lesser opponents given that the new line needed a chance to figure it all out before being thrown into the fire. I would also agree with PT starting off the season with 2 big challenges given they return so many seniors this year. Mayfield has won the last 9 in a row in this 100 and something year old series but when these 2 play nothing seems to matter. I have seen a vastly superior MF team get beat by PT and vise versa. This game can be a heated one but it is also one of great respect by not only the players but the fans. Of all our opponents PT is far and away is the most respected. For me, this game every year is the hardest game on our schedule to predict a outcome simply because so many times the outcome has been different from what it appears that it should be. I am certain though that this will answer a lot of unknown questions about the MF line and where they are at right now in their development and may tell us if MF is really the team that is deserving of their #1 ranking or whether we are a few notches below. I will go with the homer pick of MF by 14

I am anticipating a very competitive match up. I believe this is the 102 meeting of these two schools. I'm going with a 28-7 Cardinal victory for 10 wins in a roll.

My source for all things pertaining to the Redbirds tells me things that lead me to believe this will be all Mayfield.

 

This same source told my/his granddaughter that War Memorial was the birthplace of football.

My source for all things pertaining to the Redbirds tells me things that lead me to believe this will be all Mayfield.

 

This same source told my/his granddaughter that War Memorial was the birthplace of football.

 

Smart girl

I am anticipating a very competitive match up. I believe this is the 102 meeting of these two schools. I'm going with a 28-7 Cardinal victory for 10 wins in a roll.

Sure hope your right. I really don't think we will hold them to 7 though, and I don't think they can hold us to 28. I'm going with Mayfield 35 to 21.

Sure hope your right. I really don't think we will hold them to 7 though, and I don't think they can hold us to 28. I'm going with Mayfield 35 to 21.

 

A win is a win

Smart girl

 

It was the Old Bird that made that proclamation. The g-daughter just passed it on.

This same source told my/his granddaughter that War Memorial was the birthplace of football.

 

This is true, it is written in the good book! The Book of Cardinal, I have seen it with my own eyes

The author of that book is probably Jack Morris.

The author of that book is probably Jack Morris.

 

Yep...it's a best seller

Couple of things. Looks like offense will finally get in 4 quarters of action, with that in mind could be a pretty high scoring affair again for the Cardinals. Quality of opponent will keep it somewhat in check. Defense will need to keep the penalties down, don't need to give PT free first downs by jumping. Tilghman would like nothing more to keep this close in the 2ND half and try to grind clock like they did against McCracken . I'LL take Mayfield 35-17.

Mayfield will win, it is written in the Good Book, The Book of Cardinal 1:1 :thumb:

We will see what our young line is made of Friday night. PT will play ball control and try to keep our offense off the field and if they are successful this could be a low scoring game but I don't see our defense letting that happen. They might move the chains here and there but can't see them wearing our defense down. I'm going with Mayfield making it 10 in a row now getting out of there with the W with a score of 28-10.

This one has a different feel from the last few meetings to me. This Tilghman team has some swagger and confidence. It's on their home field and are very hungry for a win against the Cards. I'll take Mayfield in a hard fought close win. We will definitely find out how good we really are or can be Friday Night. Cards by 7

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.