What are you spinning? (The New And Improved Version)

Jim Schue

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been on a Boston kick of late and came across this cover last night..........Mike Masse on the 12-string guitar and his vocals:eek:......dude NAILS IT!!!! The Violin by Jenny Oaks Baker is a neat twist. Watch a few more of their covers, pretty cool stuff. Here is his link, well worth the watch......https://www.youtube.com/user/mikemassedotcom/videos

[video=youtube;lC8DeOS-etk]

Been on a Boston kick of late and came across this cover last night..........Mike Masse on the 12-string guitar and his vocals:eek:......dude NAILS IT!!!! The Violin by Jenny Oaks Baker is a neat twist. Watch a few more of their covers, pretty cool stuff. Here is his link, well worth the watch......https://www.youtube.com/user/mikemassedotcom/videos

4137274551_1d12ab907d_m.jpg

WILCO - Unplugged

Any other Wilco fans here? KEXP just released this full acoustic show which is really , really good.

Got a bunch of old stuff including a couple Uncle Tupelo songs, plus some stuff from the new album like Random Name Generator.

Edited by BlueTip

I went to their site to check but it only says I already downloaded the album. I got it free the day it was released.

If anyone wants it and can't get it free now, pm me your email address and I'll dropbox the album for you.

For the live performance I posted above, here's the playlist:

Misunderstood

Random Name Generator (new)

The Joke Explained (new)

I'm Always in Love

War on War

Bull Black Nova

It's Just That Simple

Give Back The Key to My Heart (Uncle Tupelo)

A Shot in the Arm

True Love Will Find You

We've Been Had (Uncle Tupelo)

California Stars

Ok I wouldn't normally post something quite so poppish, but Maroon 5 hooked me with their first album, Songs About Jane. I love their song Sunday Morning.

Well this song, Sugar, has been out for months and I really like it. It feels like a bit of a throwback song for them, almost a 70s feel to it.

What I didn't realize is how awesome the video is. If you want to have a big smile this morning click on through. It's like four weddings and a funeral, without the funeral.

Ok I wouldn't normally post something quite so poppish, but Maroon 5 hooked me with their first album, Songs About Jane. I love their song Sunday Morning.

Well this song, Sugar, has been out for months and I really like it. It feels like a bit of a throwback song for them, almost a 70s feel to it.

What I didn't realize is how awesome the video is. If you want to have a big smile this morning click on through. It's like four weddings and a funeral, without the funeral.

I have to admit, it's a "catchy" tune. Read up on the actual video....and they DID "crash" numerous weddings for this video.....VERY COOL!

From Wikipedia......The music video was filmed on December 6, 2014 in Los Angeles. It was shot at several ballrooms, located at various locations around the city, where weddings were happening. One of the ballrooms was at the Park Plaza Hotel, a very popular location for celebrations and parties. A week before filming the video commenced, Dobkin went to see the band, who were rehearsing for the visual. During the meeting, Levine questioned the concept, "What if people don't like us? What happens if we ruin the bride's moment?" That was the first time they started wondering "What if we're ruining someone's most special day?" In order to prevent that from happening, Levine got an idea: after performing "Sugar", he and the band's guitarist, James Valentine would perform an acoustic version of their 2004 single "She Will Be Loved" just for the bride and the groom. The dance floor would be cleared of everyone except for the newlyweds and the song would be another traditional "First Dance" for the newlyweds. According to Dobkin, that was a very good idea. "That's awesome. It's just sick romantic."

A few days before shooting began, most of the grooms started getting nervous and wanted to cancel the wedding crash. Dobkin met with each of them and talked them out of canceling. At one point, he told them that the mysterious band is in fact Maroon 5. Eventually, it turned out that most of them were fans of Maroon 5 and "Adam from The Voice" and had positive responses for performing "She Will Be Loved" after shooting "Sugar". "There's no way she could be mad at me after that." Before filming the video, the band invited, via Twitter, their fans to take part in the shoots. Prior to the filming of each sequence, the production team had approximately 20 minutes to enter the location and begin building the tent, while the band tried to get in unnoticed. During the first wedding, which was a Jewish wedding, the bride and the groom were sitting in their chairs and while the tent was being constructed, Dobkin received a call on his radio saying that the band was stuck in the elevator. Eventually, they got out of the elevator and had to run nine floors in order to get to the ballroom in time for filming. Dobkin recalled that when the performance of "Sugar" finished, the members of the band looked at him like they wanted to say, "Oh my God. That was awesome! Where's the next one?"