Usain Bolt Knocked Over By Camerman After Winning Gold

B-Ball-fan

Usain Bolt was accidentally knocked over by a cameraman losing control of his segway right after winning the Gold in the 200m at the Worlds in Beijing.

Ouch!!!... and very uncool. He seems to be alright, but wow that really would've been unfortunate for his running career if he had been injured.

Usain Bolt taken down by cameraman on Segway at worlds - NY Daily News

I was just thinking the other day about some of the iconic performances/performers that I've watched in my lifetime. In no particular order (well, the first on my list is still number one):

Bob Beamon's long jump in 1968

Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps

Usain Bolt

USA hockey vs, Russia

Rulon Gardner, defeating the Russian Bear, or whatever his nickname was

If I was Bolt or anyone in his camp, I would have been extremely ticked. Even without an injury.

I have to admit my first reaction was to wonder if this was done accidentally on purpose. Perhaps there's no way of ever really knowing unless others knew that there was a plan, and blow the cameraman's cover. It's probably not too far fetched for Bolt or his crew to wonder as well if it was simply just an unfortunate accident.

I was just thinking the other day about some of the iconic performances/performers that I've watched in my lifetime. In no particular order (well, the first on my list is still number one):

Bob Beamon's long jump in 1968

Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps

Usain Bolt

USA hockey vs, Russia

Rulon Gardner, defeating the Russian Bear, or whatever his nickname was

The original Dream Team

Who thought that a cameraman on a Segway was even remotely a good idea ?!? They should fire this guy and never let him in a sports venue again. What a tool

The guy was doing video, so whoever had the TV rights is who employed him. Regular credentialed photogs wouldn't be permitted to use a Segway.

Am I the only one not interested in Bolt? It's pretty well known in the track and field world he has been on PED's for over a decade now.

Just not impressed with anyone who cheats.

So there is no proof he is using but you claim him to be a cheat? Seems like some faulty logic there. But I guess that's about par for the course with you.

The guy was doing video, so whoever had the TV rights is who employed him. Regular credentialed photogs wouldn't be permitted to use a Segway.

Ok, then cancel their TV contract for general stupidity....either way it's a danger to the athletes

Am I the only one not interested in Bolt? It's pretty well known in the track and field world he has been on PED's for over a decade now.

Just not impressed with anyone who cheats.

This would not be the sport for you to watch then: Carl Lewis, Ben Johnson, Dwain Chambers, Marion Jones, Justin Gaitlin and Tyson Gay....by far the biggest names in sprinting over the past 15 - 20 years, all tested positive.

I personally don't really care if they want to destroy their bodies, just like PED's in any sport. If all are cheating, then the problem is with the sport, the individuals just are a part of that.

So there is no proof he is using but you claim him to be a cheat? Seems like some faulty logic there. But I guess that's about par for the course with you.

Actually you will need to read all the stories about the Jamacian track team dating back to before he won his first world championship and olympic gold.

To make a very long story short I will try to lay down the highlights of what has gone on.

A year before he won his first world chaSmpionship, the entire Jamacian track team was middle of the pack in the world championships. They then got a new Jamacian drug committee who is in charge of the doping testing etc. Along with this new group the team also got a new "Trainer" for the team who had previously been busted for supplying ped's to several athletes as they failed drug tests for ped's thus was the reason a new drug doping committee was formed for team jamacia. Miraculously at the next internationl meet 6 months later the Jamacia team swept the medals in the 100 as well as several other races. These were the same runners (Including Bolt) who just 6 months prior had their highest finished somewhere around 6th place. This has been going on for a decade at least they stated and a couple runners failed international testing which led the jamacian doping committee to start making sure shortly before international meets that the entire team would be "clean" for any tests . Anyway the big red flag was when the jamacian team went from not even placing in meets to shortly after the changes for the team were made they were sweeping international meets.

It's been going on for years and just like cycling, it is known how dirty track and field is and Usain Bolt is the biggest recipient of it.

There are a ton of articles on this subject but the money these racers earn make it more than worth the risk.

I understand you love to try and prove me wrong and toss blanket statements out all the time calling me a liar etc. but for your help I will give you several links you can read up on so maybe you can stop with your trashing of my character for once, but I doubt it because you have never done any research on your own.

Here is a quote from Carl Lewis himself on the subject

"“When people ask me about Bolt, I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time,” Carl Lewis told the Times of London. “But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don’t question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you’re a fool. Period.”"

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/14/jamaica-drug-testing-wada-investigation

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/12/bernstein-usain-bolt-is-probably-doping-and-you-know-it/

Usain Bolt, Carl Lewis: Was the American legend right to say Jamaican drug testing isn't up to snuff?

BBC Sport - Jamaica doping scandals tip of iceberg, says senior drug tester

Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? - Sports - Nigeria

What Do Usain Bolt And Juan Manuel Marquez Have In Common? They Train With The Same Admitted Steroids Dealer

There are a ton of stories on this subject and just like

lance armstrong I believe where there is smoke there's fire.

Edited by Hellbird