Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Contender or Pretender: 2A Edition

Featured Replies

Simply put... I list the teams and you state whether they have a legit chance at reaching the State Finals or if the odds are against them

 

 

Shelby Valley

Somerset

Owensboro Catholic

Murray

CAL

Shelby Valley - pretender. I'd say winning the region is 50/50, but no way they go to Newport Catholic and win in the state semifinals.

 

Somerset - pretender. Much better club than last season but they face the same problem as Shelby Valley.

 

Owensboro Catholic - pretender. They haven't been able to beat Murray the past few years to even think about challenging. I can't see them beating Murray and Mayfield and CAL or DeSales in back-to-back-to-back weeks.

 

Murray - pretender. They'll play Mayfield well, but I can't see them beating them in the playoffs. The one advantage Murray (and Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic) have is a hypothetical state semifinal would be a home game.

 

CAL - semi-contender. They've proven they can beat DeSales in the regular season. Is this the year they beat them in the playoffs? If they can beat DeSales in the playoffs they'd at least have to be a possible threat to beat Mayfield, though I'd say its a long shot.

 

Bottom line, I'm not expecting to watch any of these teams in Bowling Green come December.

CAL is a definent contender.

 

Can't imagine them not being.

Shelby Valley - pretender. I'd say winning the region is 50/50, but no way they go to Newport Catholic and win in the state semifinals.

 

Somerset - pretender. Much better club than last season but they face the same problem as Shelby Valley.

 

Owensboro Catholic - pretender. They haven't been able to beat Murray the past few years to even think about challenging. I can't see them beating Murray and Mayfield and CAL or DeSales in back-to-back-to-back weeks.

 

Murray - pretender. They'll play Mayfield well, but I can't see them beating them in the playoffs. The one advantage Murray (and Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic) have is a hypothetical state semifinal would be a home game.

 

CAL - semi-contender. They've proven they can beat DeSales in the regular season. Is this the year they beat them in the playoffs? If they can beat DeSales in the playoffs they'd at least have to be a possible threat to beat Mayfield, though I'd say its a long shot.

 

Bottom line, I'm not expecting to watch any of these teams in Bowling Green come December.

 

Nice assessment. I agree with everything except two things... I would upgrade CAL to full contender status and.... I would upgrade Murray to semi- contender status. They played Mayfield and DeSales tough last year and they return two of the best players in 2A(Tre Hornbuckle & Desjahvonni Miles).

Shelby Valley - pretender

Somerset - pretender

Owensboro Catholic - semicontender

Murray - semicontender

CAL - contender

Shelby Valley - pretender

Somerset - pretender

Owensboro Catholic - semicontender

Murray - semicontender

CAL - contender

 

This

I think any decent team from the east side of the bracket is a contender. Getting to the finals isn't that difficult and once there, anything can happen in a one game winner take all..

May I ask what the northern football community thinks about Monroe...I guess everyone is northern of us!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.