Contender or Pretender: 2A Edition

ATLCat

Shelby Valley - pretender. I'd say winning the region is 50/50, but no way they go to Newport Catholic and win in the state semifinals.

Somerset - pretender. Much better club than last season but they face the same problem as Shelby Valley.

Owensboro Catholic - pretender. They haven't been able to beat Murray the past few years to even think about challenging. I can't see them beating Murray and Mayfield and CAL or DeSales in back-to-back-to-back weeks.

Murray - pretender. They'll play Mayfield well, but I can't see them beating them in the playoffs. The one advantage Murray (and Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic) have is a hypothetical state semifinal would be a home game.

CAL - semi-contender. They've proven they can beat DeSales in the regular season. Is this the year they beat them in the playoffs? If they can beat DeSales in the playoffs they'd at least have to be a possible threat to beat Mayfield, though I'd say its a long shot.

Bottom line, I'm not expecting to watch any of these teams in Bowling Green come December.

Shelby Valley - pretender. I'd say winning the region is 50/50, but no way they go to Newport Catholic and win in the state semifinals.

Somerset - pretender. Much better club than last season but they face the same problem as Shelby Valley.

Owensboro Catholic - pretender. They haven't been able to beat Murray the past few years to even think about challenging. I can't see them beating Murray and Mayfield and CAL or DeSales in back-to-back-to-back weeks.

Murray - pretender. They'll play Mayfield well, but I can't see them beating them in the playoffs. The one advantage Murray (and Mayfield and Owensboro Catholic) have is a hypothetical state semifinal would be a home game.

CAL - semi-contender. They've proven they can beat DeSales in the regular season. Is this the year they beat them in the playoffs? If they can beat DeSales in the playoffs they'd at least have to be a possible threat to beat Mayfield, though I'd say its a long shot.

Bottom line, I'm not expecting to watch any of these teams in Bowling Green come December.

Nice assessment. I agree with everything except two things... I would upgrade CAL to full contender status and.... I would upgrade Murray to semi- contender status. They played Mayfield and DeSales tough last year and they return two of the best players in 2A(Tre Hornbuckle & Desjahvonni Miles).