Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brady willing to accept reduced suspension for failure to cooperate

Featured Replies

Pipe dream.

 

If Brady gets suspended that is all anyone will ever remember.

 

Wrong.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Nope. NFL wants an admission of guilt. They are absolutely not getting that.

 

Actions speak louder than words, accepting a suspension is an admission of guilt no matter what comes out of anyone's mouth.

Actions speak louder than words, accepting a suspension is an admission of guilt no matter what comes out of anyone's mouth.

 

For not cooperating, anyone who reads more into it has an agenda.

Nope. NFL wants an admission of guilt. They are absolutely not getting that.

 

And with a suspension, regardless of what strings are attached to it, they are going to get it.

  • Author
I wouldn't expect you to think any differently.

 

Don't get me wrong, I think lots of teams fool with inflation pressures so I don't really think this is cheating as much as it is gamesmanship but in the court of public opinion Brady and the Patriots will be huge losers.

  • Author
For not cooperating, anyone who reads more into it has an agenda.

 

You watch what happens in the court of public opinion if Brady willingly accepts a suspension.

And with a suspension, regardless of what strings are attached to it, they are going to get it.

 

Except for the fact that there's no way the NFL accepts it without an admission of guilt.

 

Calling the league's bluff is what they're doing IMO.

 

After today's hearing and the judges line of questioning, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady and the NFLPA change their tune.

Pipe dream.

 

If Brady gets suspended that is all anyone will ever remember.

 

I'd amend that to "that is the first thing anyone will ever remember".

 

What's the first thing we will remember about O.J.? Barry Bonds? Lance Armstrong? Ray Rice?

  • Author

^ Boom!

You watch what happens in the court of public opinion if Brady willingly accepts a suspension.

 

I don't really care what happens in the eye of the public. The vast majority of those in the public and those around the league have all said they think it was done intentionally and that even so they don't consider it cheating. Most don't give two craps what the results of this are, they just want it to be over with so the talking heads talk about something else.

Obviously Brady is trying to make the best of a bad situation but put me in the group that says Brady is guilty. I thought he was guilty before, I surely think the NFL and Goodell is the greatest Clown Show of All Time when it comes to how they handle discipline but if Brady abandons his all or nothing stance then I say guilty and I say four games just like he was supposed to get.

 

I am sure others will disagree and say this is Brady's best legal maneuver to make the best of a bad situation. I agree with that logic too but I still say guilty.

 

Brady's willingness to accept some suspension is based solely on his failure to produce the cell phone. He has already testified under oath that he did nothing wrong. If he were to retract from that position, he would be subject to criminal prosecution for false testimony.

 

The NFL will stick to its position that Brady has to accept the findings of Wells report. This will not happen and this thing will go to court.

  • Author
Brady's willingness to accept some suspension is based solely on his failure to produce the cell phone. He has already testified under oath that he did nothing wrong.

 

Blah blah blah and not directed at you personally P.P.

At this point, dragging this out this long may hurt the team more than the original suspension.

Except for the fact that there's no way the NFL accepts it without an admission of guilt.

 

Calling the league's bluff is what they're doing IMO.

 

After today's hearing and the judges line of questioning, I wouldn't be surprised if Brady and the NFLPA change their tune.

May very well be the case.

 

Still feels like ultimately this will get appealed by whichever side and the next level will tell them to kick rocks because they shouldn't even be messing with this.

 

I agree with some of the commentary yesterday in that this whole thing is about the NFLPA using Brady as a puppet in an attempt to strengthen their position on the labor front.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.