Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brady willing to accept reduced suspension for failure to cooperate

Featured Replies

I agree with some of the commentary yesterday in that this whole thing is about the NFLPA using Brady as a puppet in an attempt to strengthen their position on the labor front.

 

Disagree in the sense that Brady isn't being used as a puppet. He knows what the PA is doing, and he's on board with it. What better player to have as the face of the PA then the face of the game?

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Risky legal tactic because the NFL may accept it and then in just about everyone's eyes Brady is guilty but got a reduced sentence.

 

I'm not so sure this will be the case. I thought all along that Brady was involved, also thought that the NFL failed to prove anything, but am now having doubts that he was involved in any kind of conspiracy at all. His accepting a 1 game suspension for lack of cooperation, while still denying the Wells Report will not alter my view.

Obviously Brady is trying to make the best of a bad situation but put me in the group that says Brady is guilty. I thought he was guilty before, I surely think the NFL and Goodell is the greatest Clown Show of All Time when it comes to how they handle discipline but if Brady abandons his all or nothing stance then I say guilty and I say four games just like he was supposed to get.

 

I am sure others will disagree and say this is Brady's best legal maneuver to make the best of a bad situation. I agree with that logic too but I still say guilty.

 

I'll do you one better and say and will finally admit that Brady is guilty but it still isn't worthy of a 4 game suspension. Fine him and move on. If I am not mistaken that is what the NFL rules call for when violating the procedure on the balls, isn't it? Not to mention, when the balls were found to have less air in them the refs inflated them and moved on.

 

Still much ado about nothing IMO.

Brady has no balls if he accepts this.

 

 

For the first time in 2015 I actually agree with you.

  • Author
I'll do you one better and say and will finally admit that Brady is guilty but it still isn't worthy of a 4 game suspension. Fine him and move on. If I am not mistaken that is what the NFL rules call for when violating the procedure on the balls, isn't it? Not to mention, when the balls were found to have less air in them the refs inflated them and moved on.

 

Still much ado about nothing IMO.

 

I would take that if I was the NFL, Brady admits guilt, the NFL admits they don't have proper standing to suspend him, the punishment is a fine only, the legal process gets improved moving forward.

 

I would be fine with that and wouldn't think any less of Brady.

Put it this way, if Brady is suspended for even one game this is a huge win for the NFL and a loss for Tom Brady and the Patriots and I think it will cement the Patriots as cheaters for the rest of our lives.

 

 

Congrats.

 

Nobody really cares.

I would take that if I was the NFL, Brady admits guilt, the NFL admits they don't have proper standing to suspend him, the punishment is a fine only, the legal process gets improved moving forward.

 

I would be fine with that and wouldn't think any less of Brady.

 

 

I'm with that.

 

I guess I'll go find another thread to argue in then. :D

  • Author
Congrats.

 

Nobody really cares.

 

I am with you, I don't care, I wish it would go away, but as a fan of the NFL I do care how the masses view the NFL because I interact with the masses.

  • Author
I'm with that.

 

I guess I'll go find another thread to argue in then. :D

 

You and I normally agree unless it is about how much time one should spend on the beach or where to pee when there is no bathroom on the beach.

I am with you, I don't care, I wish it would go away, but as a fan of the NFL I do care how the masses view the NFL because I interact with the masses.

 

No real fan of the NFL cares about this other than the fact that it's annoying it's still in the news.

 

The only people that will continue to make a big deal about it are Brady/Patriots haters.

  • Author
No real fan of the NFL cares about this other than the fact that it's annoying it's still in the news.

 

The only people that will continue to make a big deal about it are Brady/Patriots haters.

 

Wrong, at least this one fan does.

I am with you, I don't care, I wish it would go away, but as a fan of the NFL I do care how the masses view the NFL because I interact with the masses.

 

I can tell ya right now the masses think the NFL (the league, not the product on the field) sucks. That's been the view for as long as old Roger has been in charge.

  • Author
I can tell ya right now the masses think the NFL (the league, not the product on the field) sucks. That's been the view for as long as old Roger has been in charge.

 

It's a business. And it certainly should never have been tax exempt.

You and I normally agree unless it is about how much time one should spend on the beach or where to pee when there is no bathroom on the beach.

 

Good point.

 

Spend all day on the beach while applying sunscreen every hour and a half or so.

 

Pee in the ocean. It's already salt water.

  • Author
Good point.

 

Spend all day on the beach while applying sunscreen every hour and a half or so.

 

Pee in the ocean. It's already salt water.

 

That is what I always said but you like peeing on the weak links... :isurrender:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.