Top 10 NKY players

These kinds of lists are always very subjective. I think it would be amiss if we didn't mention quite a few players not on this list. Kareem Elgusain from Ryle is probably one of the best players in the ninth region. He's a senior. Will Bedel junior goalie from Ryle. Griffin Lamb, Mike Vogt, and Steven Schutt from CCH all juniors. Tate Johnson a senior from St Henry is their keeper. By the end of the year we may look back and say he is the best keeper in NKy. DJ Sanders and Ian Manahan from St Henry are both juniors. Grant Perkins a junior from CC. Mike Dewald a junior from I think Pendleton county. This is probably not a complete list but is a very good start.

All very good players. Probably ought to add Johnny Trenkamp and Cole Stava so that we don't miss any KHA 98 Red boys from KY.

Lots of very good players in NKY. I know it's subjective and there is no single "right" answer, but who (which 10) would you put on your Top Ten list?

Edited by Sir!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OTBB84 you are spot on. These threads in every sport wind up this way,

"I wanna hear my name" thread……" I counted something like 31 "Top ten NKY players" already mentioned on this thread and it's only 34 post in so far.

Pretty much pointless.

Maybe it is a point of reflection. If a dad is annoyed that his son's name has not come up in the conversation, how much does the pressure of unfulfilled expectations weigh on the boy? Unfortunately they don't have to read BGP to receive that message.

Remember to enjoy the season and be thankful that your son is healthy, happy and can pursue excellence with his high school classmates.

With love and peace... from Sir.

Any list for Highlands starts with Brady Gesenhues. Realize the coaches do not like his game, but from what I have seen the last year or so he is every bit the player Garbig was.

Is this Bobby's son?

If YES, then that probably has something to do with it. :lol2:

Maybe it is a point of reflection. If a dad is annoyed that his son's name has not come up in the conversation, how much does the pressure of unfulfilled expectations weigh on the boy? Unfortunately they don't have to read BGP to receive that message.

Remember to enjoy the season and be thankful that your son is healthy, happy and can pursue excellence with his high school classmates.

With love and peace... from Sir.

Well said, Sir.

Any list for Highlands starts with Brady Gesenhues. Realize the coaches do not like his game, but from what I have seen the last year or so he is every bit the player Garbig was.

Good to hear as I know there were times last year where he was buried in the back. Has plenty of ball skills to not only score goals, but to set up his teammates for opportunities.

I would agree that Brady is a very good player and I believe that he will be key to Highlands success this season.

I do not understand why you say the coaches do not like his game. Do you have any evidence that this is the case?

I guess that you also feel that the coaches were wrong to "bury him in the back" some last year. Maybe he was able to help the team more by playing some defense, I was not surprised to see him playing there at all, when he plays club I believe you will usually see him playing as an outside back most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
From the "31" (and counting) some players mention on this Top Ten NKY players post Day and Snow are living up to their billing. Snow has the stats, Day runs the show for the top team, playing hands down the most difficult schedule.

I was literally coming to post that Day and Snow are living up to all of their much deserved hype, I'm with you 100%.

A little too early for this conversation I'd say but if there is a better offensive player than Bryce Day I'll have to see him. Hopefully, stats do not come into play in this conversation later in the year given the widely varied schedules.

A little too early for this conversation I'd say but if there is a better offensive player than Bryce Day I'll have to see him. Hopefully, stats do not come into play in this conversation later in the year given the widely varied schedules.

100% and the exact reason why I mentioned CCH plays the most difficult schedule.

I'm sure at some point some on here will post some player(s)' scoring stats as the reason this player or that player should be considered top 10, and for some, such as ASnow it is warranted. But many times these stats are way inflated due to the very weak, weak schedule some teams play. Do the research please before posting stats, I've seen many high scoring players have a large majority of the goals in just a few games (Vs this weak competition) and they don't score against the top teams.