Are we finally getting to the bottom of the Bengals scattered WR logic?

Things have taken a negative turn (for Marvin Jones), however. Jones hasn’t practiced at all this week because of what coach Marvin Lewis described as leg soreness and the coach said Thursday that he was concerned with Jones getting the “timing and repetition” down after so much time on the shelf the last two years.

Lewis said that Jones has to “be like everybody else and find a way to get out there and get going.”

“Marvin’s got to get to practice if Marvin wants to get to play,” Lewis said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer. “That’s part of it. He hasn’t played football for us in a year, basically. He had two or three practices or whatever he had last year in the fall. Marvin’s got to get prepared to play NFL football.”

Marvin Lewis: Marvin Jones has to ?find a way to get out there? | ProFootballTalk

I'm sick of waiting around for Marvin Jones. What are their options at this point, though?

Obviously moving on from him is the only other option.

We have signed two FA WRs recently, picked a WR up in FA back when the market was hot, moved at least one defensive player to WR, and talked about our 8th string RB playing WR.

Something has been up for awhile, I wonder if this is it.

I was at the Bengals scrimmage tonight, and from what I saw from Daulton, the Bengals better go to the NBA and sign a couple 7 foot 2 inch centers for WR. He Overthrew several balls that Manute Bol would have struggled to reach. Hopefully just a bad night. But it looked a lot the old Andy we know and love. Not trying to hijack the thread, but not good.

I was at the Bengals scrimmage tonight, and from what I saw from Daulton, the Bengals better go to the NBA and sign a couple 7 foot 2 inch centers for WR. He Overthrew several balls that Manute Bol would have struggled to reach. Hopefully just a bad night. But it looked a lot the old Andy we know and love. Not trying to hijack the thread, but not good.

Nothing new. We don't have a deep passing game, we have AJ Green displaying superior athleticism on poorly thrown deep balls.

So is he saying Jones is out of shape or he just doesn't have it anymore, period? Or is this just using the press as motivation?

Neither simply saying Marvin Jones needs to man up and play through soreness. When he has practiced he has looked great like he did two years ago. So he hasn't lost it, only lost his ability to stay on the field.

Neither simply saying Marvin Jones needs to man up and play through soreness. When he has practiced he has looked great like he did two years ago. So he hasn't lost it, only lost his ability to stay on the field.

In other words, Marvin is saying he's made of female genitalia.

Bengals receivers on their roster. I look for Alford to have a decent year.

15 Alford, Mario WR 5-9 180 23 R West Virginia

18 Green, A.J. WR 6-4 207 27 5 Georgia

82 Jones, Marvin WR 6-2 198 25 4 California

84 Kumerow, Jake WR 6-5 206 23 R Wis.-Whitewater

83 Lawrence, Desmond WR 5-10 181 23 R North Carolina A&T

11 Little, Greg WR 6-2 220 26 4 North Carolina

86 McCalebb, Onterio WR 5-10 175 25 1 Auburn

17 Moore, Denarius WR 6-0 190 26 5 Tennessee

16 Reese, Tevin WR 5-10 170 24 1 Baylor

12 Sanu, Mohamed WR 6-2 210 25 4 Rutgers

19 Tate, Brandon WR 6-1 195 27 7 North Carolina

• 2 weeks later...

Bengals sign yet another WR...

The 6-foot, 3-inch, 202-pound Bennett played four years with the Bulldogs, catching 134 passes for 1,607 yards and 17 touchdowns. He appeared in 43 games (with 27 starts) but went undrafted and unsigned due to a torn left anterior cruciate ligament suffered during the Belk Bowl on Dec. 30.

Bengals sign rookie receiver Michael Bennett out of Georgia

Bengals sign yet another WR...

The 6-foot, 3-inch, 202-pound Bennett played four years with the Bulldogs, catching 134 passes for 1,607 yards and 17 touchdowns. He appeared in 43 games (with 27 starts) but went undrafted and unsigned due to a torn left anterior cruciate ligament suffered during the Belk Bowl on Dec. 30.

Bengals sign rookie receiver Michael Bennett out of Georgia

They love their Georgia guys. This guy sounds solid and had a nice college career but does seem to be injury prone.