Bluegrasspeps' Class 5A Pre-Season Preview

Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulaski County @ Scott County 8/28 will be a good one.

Scott county plays Pulaski, Highlands and Cov Cath all in Georgetown. Pulaski and Highlands in back to back weeks. Those two games could give us some insight into these standings.

If Highlands is going to continue it's run, they'll have to run quite a gauntlet in the playoffs.

Possible opponents:

1st Round - Does it really matter?

2nd Round - CovCath/Dixie rematch

Region Final - CovCath/Dixie rematch

Semis - Pulaski/Southwestern

Finals - Bowling Green/Owensboro

5A goes from being one of the weakest classes last year to one of the strongest and deepest this year.

Always fun looking at the 5a schedules of the top teams. Seeing Highlands in there makes it real interesting. I'm still shell shocked that my Purples laid a goose egg in week 3 of Playoffs last year. That's why you play the game.

Owensboro is the team that no one is talking about. They are the same team that no coach would want to play in the playoffs.

Ready for the games! Missing Purplehaze!

Graves county has many unanswered questions this year..#1 being the fact that a freshman may be taking the snaps and calling the shots..the eagles are coming off of a unbelievable season and are hyped about the potential to advance far once again..Crider is gone & in order for graves to advance many players must step up..but keep in mind..just one year ago, graves did the unthinkable, they beat John hardin, they beat bowling green (broke the streak), and because state runners up..now, I'm a die-hard eagle fan, & I know there are many obstacles in the way, but I truly feel graves is the 5th-7th best team in 5a in 2015..jmo!

Graves county has.... a freshman.... taking the snaps and calling the shots. I'm a die-hard eagle fan, & I know there are many obstacles in the way, but I truly feel graves is the 5th-7th best team in 5a in 2015..jmo!

What color is the sky in your world?:idunno:

Fern Creek was 7-4 last year, losing a 2nd round playoff game to Butler 10-0. Have to replace Tre Webb RB/OLB who had 10 TD and a Safety, had 39 carries for 259 y and 5 TD, 11 catches for 165 y and 3 TD, and Tre was leading tackler 80 tackles, 2 INT, 5 forced fumbles, 2 fun recovery (1 TD). Also CB Nick Morris was 5th in tackles with 41, 6 INT (1 TD), and 2 fum rec (1 TD). Cameron Petty was leading rusher with 154 carries for 668 y and 5 TD. 2 other big replacements are for Both Offensive guards, Kohl Dodd and Joe Humphries.

On to 2015, Tigers move down to 5A, district will include Atherton, Fairdale, Iroquois, Doss, and Southern. Non district games are Seneca, Manual, DeSales, Moore, and Butler.

Jr QB Shamar Bryant started every game last season 49-113-3 for 730 y, 9 TD.

SR WR/MLB Lamarius Kinslow 6-2 236 is a WKU commit, had 30 catches for 462 y and 6 TD, was 2nd in tackles with 66 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 INT (60y TD), 1 fum recovery.

Fern Creek uses a multi person backfield often in Wing-T and Petty's carries will be split amoung 3 returning backs.

JR Kyree Hawkins 5-10 182 had 91 carries for 372 y, 4 TD. SR Delquan Wimberly 5-9 196 44 carries 293 y 1 TD, and So Devon Blincoe 5-9 208 didn't get promoted to varsity until the last 4 games but had 33 carries for 231 y and 4 TD.

On defense, Kinsow in joined in LB core by OLB Hawkins 65 tackles, and So Dylan Dunbar 5-10 211.

SR DE Latrell Streater 5-10 254 HD 44 tackles, 5 sacks, and SR DT Tim Long 5-6 229 34 tackles 7 sacks.

Tigers return. 3 starters on OL SR Derek Leitner 6-3 324, Sr Evan Flener 5-11 251, and So Preston Smith 5-10 220.

The Tigers multi attack offense will have 3-4 big strong backs to carry the load as well as the Bryant to Kinslow connection. The defense allowed just 15.9 points per game, and had 13 interceptions and 15 fumble recoveries.

Edited by Pete W
Spelling

On to 2015, Tigers move down to 5A, district will include Atherton, Fairdale, Iroquois, Doss, and Southern. Non district games are Seneca, Manual, DeSales, Moore, and Butler.

Pete, GREAT Report! I didn't realize FC moved to 5A. I think that's a good spot for them.

I would guess Iroquois is their biggest district opponent going into next season? Also, I am guessing they are on the BG side of the 5A bracket as they look to have taken John Hardin's spot here.

I may try to go to the FC v Manual game. (My daughter will begin Manual next week!)