Pictures From an Abandoned Missile Silo in Colorado

Lawnboy13

I doubt this was in CO, or anywhere else in the US.

I visited the Titan Missile museum in Green Valley, AZ about 8 years or so ago Titan Missile Museum: Home. Pretty neat for those into that sort of thing. Anyway, if I remember correctly one of the tour guides stated that all the Titan missile silos were destroyed/filled in except for two...the one at the museum and one that had been converted into a home. This was due to the SALT talks back in the 70's. As part of the SALT talks, the museum silo launch door had to be permanently cracked open and welded in place so the Russians could peer into it with satellites and ensure it was not active. I doubt very seriously they still do that, but was pretty neat info.

The launch door was also huge...the one I the photo didn't look very big at all. This could have been some sort of old missile silo somewhere, but not here and not a Titan.

I saw the back end of that slideshow in another slideshow about a creepy underground area in Europe somewhere. This stuff is lame because I think they want you to click through because of all the ads along the side of each page.

I saw the back end of that slideshow in another slideshow about a creepy underground area in Europe somewhere. This stuff is lame because I think they want you to click through because of all the ads along the side of each page.

I closed the link as soon as I saw it was a slideshow. I refuse to click through websites that do that.

OK, hopefully this just isn't some weird Freudian thing, but I'm pretty sure that on the pic of the octopus graffiti, the tentacles were actually penises. I hope I'm wrong, but the only reason it struck me as so odd was because of how the caption writer referred to the artwork as "some of it was quite good." Anyway.