Michael Johnson hurt in training camp

The two offensive linemen picked were not for this year, but for the near future. How many times in the past has everyone (including myself) bashed the Bengals for drafting a "name", and not trying to better the overall team. The second round pick was truly too good to pass up on the Bengals board. With Whit getting long in the tooth, and Andre Smith's health issues, when you get a chance to get this kind of talent you have to take it. Hopefully the Johnson injury isn't too serious, and they still have several other DE's that can step up.

The two offensive linemen picked were not for this year, but for the near future. How many times in the past has everyone (including myself) bashed the Bengals for drafting a "name", and not trying to better the overall team. The second round pick was truly too good to pass up on the Bengals board. With Whit getting long in the tooth, and Andre Smith's health issues, when you get a chance to get this kind of talent you have to take it. Hopefully the Johnson injury isn't too serious, and they still have several other DE's that can step up.

The future is now.

I agree the future is now, but the Bengals are also looking into the near future, where as in past drafts, they were just looking to get a name to sell tickets. Not sure of many positions that a rookie could come in and contribute right away with this rooster. Linebacker would be about it with some of the questions they have there with health.