Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 2015/2016

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2015/2016 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Campbell County. Remember, please be constructive.

Camels return 2 starters (Wilson & McGovney) and 6th man (Hegyi) from Coach Russell's back-to-back 10th region championship team. I look for Meissner and Bertsch to join them in starting lineup. Camels will have good size and a balance of solid guards with McGovney being the floor general. Favorite to repeat and will win at least 1 game at Rupp.

will win at least 1 game at Rupp.

 

While I like the Camels, especially the "man in the middle", impossible to claim above without any idea of the match-up.

Camels return 2 starters (Wilson & McGovney) and 6th man (Hegyi) from Coach Russell's back-to-back 10th region championship team. I look for Meissner and Bertsch to join them in starting lineup. Camels will have good size and a balance of solid guards with McGovney being the floor general. Favorite to repeat and will win at least 1 game at Rupp.

 

Got to agree with afiguy. He has been pretty close the last 2 years.

Camels return 2 starters (Wilson & McGovney) and 6th man (Hegyi) from Coach Russell's back-to-back 10th region championship team. I look for Meissner and Bertsch to join them in starting lineup. Camels will have good size and a balance of solid guards with McGovney being the floor general. Favorite to repeat and will win at least 1 game at Rupp.

 

Agree with most of this. Where I might disagree is the last comment.

 

As I've said several other times, there's no other player in the 10th Region like Matt Wilson, which is why I give Campbell the nod over Montgomery County for pre-season #1 in the 10th Region. McGovney is a feisty little guard who will bring experience and tenacity. I expect Cole Hegyi to really step up & give the Camels some offensive punch.

 

I don't know much about Meissner and Bertsch. What size, position, & grade?

Gideon Measner 6'5 senior. Garren Bert'sch maybe 6'2 shooting guard. And he's a junior.

Gideon Measner 6'5 senior. Garren Bert'sch maybe 6'2 shooting guard. And he's a junior.

 

This kid a transfer?

This kid a transfer?

No, he was key player on JV last year as the Camels had 5 seniors that logged considerable varsity minutes.

Camels return 2 starters (Wilson & McGovney) and 6th man (Hegyi) from Coach Russell's back-to-back 10th region championship team. I look for Meissner and Bertsch to join them in starting lineup. Camels will have good size and a balance of solid guards with McGovney being the floor general. Favorite to repeat and will win at least 1 game at Rupp.

 

I would say one of the favorites in the region, but I think there are several teams that are capable of winning the region.

The region should be pretty balanced, but it may take a fortuitous draw for whomever wins the region to be able to win one at state.

No, he was key player on JV last year as the Camels had 5 seniors that logged considerable varsity minutes.

 

Camel fans better hope he grew over the summer or had a great offseason. 6'5" and not dressing varsity as a junior does not sound like an impact player to me. It that only option in case Wilson gets into foul trouble?

Measner - I'm thinking he's a little better than 6'5", showed up during the summer and looks much better than the spring.

 

Bertsch - this kid can absolutely light it up from anywhere if he gets on a role. Hit 5 3's in a row against Oak Hills to the dismay of the OH coach, great kid, good bloodline.

 

Hegyi - my favorite under the radar kid for CCHS. Solid player last year. Has gained a few pounds and maybe a couple inches. Takes the ball strong to the rack and can step back. His drives to the rim will open up a new piece for CCHS physically you must guard him all the way through the sequence.

 

Wilson and McGovney - always in play doing what they do best.

Hegyi - my favorite under the radar kid for CCHS. Solid player last year. Has gained a few pounds and maybe a couple inches. Takes the ball strong to the rack and can step back. His drives to the rim will open up a new piece for CCHS physically you must guard him all the way through the sequence.

 

I feel like Hegyi will have to shoulder much more of a scoring load and as you've said, he has the talent to do just that. I expect him to have somewhat of a breakout year in 2015-16. Very nice player.

Camels will be a bigger team this year compared to last year. Some guys will need to step up, and I have confidence that they will do just that. Go Camels!!!!!!

I feel like Hegyi will have to shoulder much more of a scoring load and as you've said, he has the talent to do just that. I expect him to have somewhat of a breakout year in 2015-16. Very nice player.

 

This is going to be a great year for the Camels. Hegyi is going to be a force. They have size and all the pieces to make a serious run.

Andrew Wilson #4 Freshman G 5'9 150

Austin Hoeh #34 Sophomore C 6'4 220

Brad Geiman #44 Junior C 6'9 185

Brett Clark #22 Junior G 5'9 140

Cam Lemons #13 Senior G 5'10 135

Carson Werrmann #25 Sophomore C 6'4 185

Cole Hegyi #5 Junior F 6'4 185

Collin Teegarden #3 Junior G 5'9 150

Evan Zumwalde #11 Junior G 6 145

Garren Bertsch #24 Junior G 6'3 170

Garrett Fleckenstein #12 Sophomore G 5-10 145

Gideon Measner #20 Senior F 6'3 175

Jesse Russell #30 Sophomore G 6 150

Joel Day #23 Sophomore G 5'6 140

Matt Wilson #14 Senior C 6'9 250

Nate Schaefer #15 Sophomore G 6 170

Tanner Clos #21 Sophomore G 6 170

Trent Mcgoveney #10 Senior G 5'10 175

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.