Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm sitting here at GABP right now.....

Featured Replies

Because it wasn't raining.

 

They continuously showed a decent sized cell that was coming directly for us, unless I misread the radar they were showing in the park. Got lucky it didn't come to fruition.

They continuously showed a decent sized cell that was coming directly for us, unless I misread the radar they were showing in the park. Got lucky it didn't come to fruition.

 

They delayed it initially when it was about 45 minutes away and then again when that one passed by for one that was bout an hour away and the entire time it wasn't raining. They could have easily started the game.

So ya'll really think they delayed it so that the players could watch the soccer game?

 

I just have a hard time believing that.

So ya'll really think they delayed it so that the players could watch the soccer game?

 

I just have a hard time believing that.

 

I don't think they delayed it so they could watch. I think once it was clear the rain wasn't happening they prolonged the delay so they could watch the end of it. Maybe an extra half hour or so.

  • Author

I sat there and watched the radar. The cell was going to be north of downtown. When the radar showed the cell over the northern part of cincinnati, the ball park was dry and the sky was clear.

So ya'll really think they delayed it so that the players could watch the soccer game?

 

I just have a hard time believing that.

 

I think the USA game did play into the length of the delay.

I think the USA game did play into the length of the delay.

 

I do not think it did. But what I do think was a factor is the Reds did not want to start the game and then have a lengthy delay in the 3rd or 4th inning and lose their starting pitcher for the night. The bullpen was taxed already and there was a 12:35 game the next day. Once the game did start their starting pitcher threw 122 pitches.

Zero to do with a soccer game, but it's cute any of you think that.

 

No rain, but was there significant lightning?

 

Prior to the game's start in MLB, who's call is it to delay? Home team, umps, or MLB?

Zero to do with a soccer game, but it's cute any of you think that.

 

No rain, but was there significant lightning?

 

Prior to the game's start in MLB, who's call is it to delay? Home team, umps, or MLB?

 

No lightning as far as I know. Storms had moved out.

 

It is the home team's decision prior to the exchanging of lineup cards.

 

And yeah I guess that it was just a coincidence that the timing of every thing the Reds did fit conveniently with the USA game, right down to the time they pulled the tarp (could've pulled it anytime the hour prior as rain was 100% gone). Not to mention the Reds had people in the stands watching the game as they displayed it on the jumbotron.

Zero to do with a soccer game, but it's cute any of you think that.

 

No rain, but was there significant lightning?

 

Prior to the game's start in MLB, who's call is it to delay? Home team, umps, or MLB?

 

Pretty sure it is Home team's call until the game starts. Then the umps get to decide.

No lightning as far as I know. Storms had moved out.

 

It is the home team's decision prior to the exchanging of lineup cards.

 

And yeah I guess that it was just a coincidence that the timing of every thing the Reds did fit conveniently with the USA game, right down to the time they pulled the tarp (could've pulled it anytime the hour prior as rain was 100% gone). Not to mention the Reds had people in the stands watching the game as they displayed it on the jumbotron.

 

If the Reds did delay the game for the USA soccer game the Players Association would be all over them for that. Ain't no way that was the reason.

If the Reds did delay the game for the USA soccer game the Players Association would be all over them for that. Ain't no way that was the reason.

 

Ain't no way that was the reason or ain't no way that was the public reason? Big difference.

Ain't no way that was the reason or ain't no way that was the public reason? Big difference.

 

Ain't no way period.

 

And it has nothing to do with soccer. If Game 7 of the NBA finals was at the same time they are not going to have everyone sit there in a no rain stadium and watch it. If the Gold Medal basketball game between USA and Russia was on same thing.

 

I think the Reds have burned thru so many pitchers because of the rain delays all season that they tried to avoid the situation they accused the Cardinals of once. Starting the game and knowing that it was going to be delayed soon after the start.....thereby making you bring your starting pitcher back after throwing 20-40 pitches and sitting thru a lengthy delay or going to your bullpen in the 3rd or 4th inning.

 

I think they saw the radar, saw their depleted bullpen, saw their 12:35 game on Wednesday ......and said "we are not starting this game until we are sure there will be no delay."

Pretty sure it is Home team's call until the game starts. Then the umps get to decide.

I had a young kid with me and ended up leaving because of the 2nd delay. I'd want my money back. Zero chance that was the reason.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.