Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

First Lutz, now is another area coach leaving?????

Featured Replies

Lutz to Boyd?:confused:

Just a shot in the dark.

Why would someone trying to start a college football program from scratch go with a HS coach rather than someone with college experience?

 

Woody jr

I agree Woody, I was thinking of posting the same thing ( again, great minds think alike :lol: :D ). I have heard Dameron's name more than any also but here is another thought - and before I say it I have not heard anything other than a couple of questions. Randy Vanderhoof at Raceland has a daughter at KCU and does have some connections there also. Another point to this may be that I have heard talk (and that is just what it is) that Randy was considering getting in to the ministry so KCU may be of possible interest. Randy is a strong Christian as is his whole family. This MAY be a consideration for him to be interested. Randy is a home grown Raceland boy though and his blood runs deep orange and black. I do not know if he would be interested in another position. Like I said, this is just a thought and I am not starting a rumor, just wondering??

  • Author
Lutz to Boyd?:confused:

Just a shot in the dark.

 

Uhhhhh...no.

Lutz to Boyd?:confused:

Just a shot in the dark.

 

That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

LOL:jump: :jump: :laugh: :laugh:

One reason you often hear suggestions that an older coach from one state "might" be interested in a new job across the river in another state is that they can double-dip moneywi$e - retirement from the original state AND a paycheck from the job in the new state.

 

It happens all the time around here ;) ;)

Just providing a little background

 

Woody Jr

^ yeah, Roger Zornes did that when he went to Ironton from Boyd Co. and Herb Conley was retired at Ashland and years later took the job at Symmes Valley and got their struggling program back on track. I don't think that Lutz would go to Boyd though.

I heard today that Damron to KCU is official.

 

Does he get a life jacket with that?

 

Cause he's in over his head IMO

 

Woody Jr

I think Dane will do a great job!!!

I think Dane will do a great job!!!

 

By all accounts he's a TOP quality person. It just seems like he hasn't accomplished an incredible amount at BC ?? (1 playoff upset was it?)

 

What little bit I watched it looked like over coaching. Perhaps others could critique my observation .. :sssh:

 

If I was going to start a college program from scratch, I'm not so sure that a HS coach is where I'd start ??

 

 

Woody Jr

My personal opinion is that Dane Damron would do a good job at a College program. Obviously it would be tough at first, due to the newness of the program.

 

Now on the fact of High School, I believe his system is too complex. It worked when he was in Florida coaching, because the talent level is a lot stronger, but he will never have the athletes to run his style at Boyd.

 

I feel this job would be a Lock for Dane at KCU. Isnt his Dad the AD there, or used to be?? Also his Dad coached B-Ball there for years.

 

McPeek will get the Head job at Boyd and honestly will probably do better for a few years. His style is better than Damron's for the HS Level.

 

Good Luck to both!

He hasnt had much success at boyd?? before damron came a lot of people couldnt even remember the last playoff game boyd had one and he won playoff games his first three years

 

I feel this job would be a Lock for Dane at KCU. Isnt his Dad the AD there, or used to be?? Also his Dad coached B-Ball there for years.

 

 

 

I thought Bruce Dixon, another Raceland Alumni, was KCU's athletic director? Maybe he is an assistant, but I do know I have seen him are bball games watching potential recruits.

He hasnt had much success at boyd?? before damron came a lot of people couldnt even remember the last playoff game boyd had one and he won playoff games his first three years

 

You are wrong. Bill Tom Ross took Boyd to back to back to back playoff games in 1999, 2000, 2001.

1999: They lost by a touchdown to a very good Paul Laurence Dunbar team in the 4A Playoffs.

2000: They lost 21-6 to Madison Central in the 4A playoffs.

2001: They lost 34-14 to Bell County in the 3A playoffs.

 

Both 1999 and 2000 were "Home" playoff games which was a first in several years for Boyd Co.

 

Damron came to Boyd Co. for the 2002 season.

 

Get your facts straight.

Damron was 8-4 in 2002, 5-7 in 2003, 6-6 in 2004, and 5-5 in 2005 and out of the playoffs for '05. A 4 year record of 24-22 from the KHSAA web site. Just facts....I believe that Dane Damron will do fine at the next level and build a respectable program at KCU.

 

Good Luck!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.