Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

(Hypothetical) Parallel Question about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner situation

Featured Replies

How can this be true? At the risk of going even farther off the reservation if Jenner will now enjoy the status that comes from being a class protected from discrimination then how come it would be left up to the individual institutions to determine if InItToWinIt qualifies? After all we've been told that individual entities don't have the right to refuse to to business with someone in one of the legally protected classes.

 

In the post you quoted we were talking specifically about minority scholarships and not Bruce Jenner.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to know how I paid for school? I spent 4 years in the military. Didn't need a scholarship, black or white.

Want to know how I paid for school? I spent 4 years in the military. Didn't need a scholarship, black or white.

 

Who knew back then that you could have used that Big V of yours to get free money!?! :lol2:

In the post you quoted we were talking specifically about minority scholarships and not Bruce Jenner.

 

Still the same argument. If individual businesses are not able to decline to do business with someone in a protected class how can individual institutions decide not to?

 

I like the argument, is transracial going to become the new protected class?

Still the same argument. If individual businesses are not able to decline to do business with someone in a protected class how can individual institutions decide not to?

 

 

I don't know. That's why I said, "I think...."

 

If no one puts in for the scholarship except for one white male would the school be able to award the scholarship to the white male or not?

If the school says they won't award it because of the race of the applicant then I don't see how they're not guilty of discrimination.

Want to know how I paid for school? I spent 4 years in the military. Didn't need a scholarship, black or white.

Well I figured you didn't pay for it like that Duke student we chatted about on here did.

Who knew back then that you could have used that Big V of yours to get free money!?! :lol2:

 

Well I figured you didn't pay for it like that Duke student we chatted about on here did.

 

BigV gonna get paid, one way or another.:greedy:

If the school says they won't award it because of the race of the applicant then I don't see how they're not guilty of discrimination.

 

Schools don't do that though.

By that logic, what if I choose to be a serial killer in California? Let me be. It has no effect on your life as a heterosexual so let me be.

 

 

WOW!!!

I think we have our parallel in the thread about the NCAAP chapter president Rachel Dolezal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.