Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Brelo is found not guilty

Featured Replies

Stop sticks were requested during the pursuit. Dispatcher said none were available as they broke "about three years ago."

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The report said that due to errors by the officers regarding crossfire situations it was a "miracle" that no officers were killed.

 

Officer Brelo said one reason he jumped on the hood was to avoid crossfire.

Last line of the report says "the system failed everyone."

Stop sticks were requested during the pursuit. Dispatcher said none were available as they broke "about three years ago."

Stop sticks are probably one of the best inventions created to help minimize collateral damage that a car chase can entail.

 

Can't tell you how many pursuits were ended because of stop sticks that I have witnessed either via on the road or my time working the other end in the radio.

 

So if a car is fleeing is that "using the car as a weapon?" That's my question. I get that once you ram the officers in the school lot you're going to draw fire. I'm asking if they followed procedure by shooting at a fleeing vehicle that was not ramming other cars.

 

If the police have probable cause that someone who is fleeing poses a threat to the public or other officers they can use deadly force. Not saying that was the case here...

 

I think it's Tennessee v garner

My recent posts are coming while reading the linked report.

 

No gun was ever found. Surveillance video from the route was checked and there was no indication a gun was tossed. Residue tests showed that the two victims did have residue but that could have been from firing OR could be from having so many shots going off at them in the car.

 

Did surveillance video follow the entire pursuit?

If the police have probable cause that someone who is fleeing poses a threat to the public or other officers they can use deadly force. Not saying that was the case here...

 

I think it's Tennessee v garner

 

 

I get that in theory. I'm curious as to what "threat to the public" looks like.

Did surveillance video follow the entire pursuit?

 

Probably not able to capture it all. The linked report details their search. Nothing found.

 

I get that in theory. I'm curious as to what "threat to the public" looks like.

 

I'd say it's not hard to think of several things that could be considered a threat to the public.

Not true. Springfield XD 9mm can hold as many as 19 rounds in the magazine. A Glock 17 holds 17 rounds in the magazine.

I want to clarify, what I meant was he reloaded most likely 2 times, 3 clips totals.

 

That at said I didn't realize the dx held that many. I figured Glock made one close but not that many.

 

The odds he was carrying one of those two is slim.

Firing shots at fleeing cars I can see as a pretty big issue. The risk of a stray bullet hitting a citizen is really not worth the risk at all.

The five supervisors on duty have been charged with a dereliction of duty misdemeanor for not stopping the chase.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.