Michael Brelo is found not guilty

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with All Tell and others who see his point of view.

The two in the car were dead. Who killed them? No one knows. They put themselves in the grave not the officers, the police think they hear a gunshot and this car won't stop and goes on a 22 mile chase? And as Lipton Badh stated they stop near a school after they smash into a police car?

These two had death written all over them.

On THIS incident, as this is the one we are talking about, I see no reason to even protest. This is where a I strongly agree with All Tell, people are not going to be happy unless they lynch someone, they don't want justice, they want it their way no matter what. Justice WAS served on the two in the car.

Again, without knowing what the officers were truly thinking I fully get the anger by the community.

Excellent sentence. At the end of the day that's all people in these communities are asking for is understanding as to why they feel the way they do. Years and years of mistrust between the citizens and police. Documented incidents of police brutality and use of excessive force by the police in the form of lawsuits against the police department that citizens have won. I believe 8 million dollars paid out to citizens over the last few years because of excessive force used by the police. Brandon Jones shot by the police and the 12 year old with a pellet gun shot by the police.

I understand and their anger and frustration and I hope they resist the urge to have an excuse to loot and riot. Not that anyone is listening to them when they peacefully protest anyways.

It will be a rare event that causes me to be that upset over any CRIMNAL who dies after endangering innocent people and police officers after and in the act of breaking the law. I don't care what race he is.

This country has gone to crap with all the race baiting and making martyrs of criminals who lose their life due to their idiotic decisions but are excused for their actions by many simply because of their skin color. Especially when that martyrism starts with this country's leaders.

I agree with All Tell and others who see his point of view.

The two in the car were dead. Who killed them? No one knows. They put themselves in the grave not the officers, the police think they hear a gunshot and this car won't stop and goes on a 22 mile chase? And as Lipton Badh stated they stop near a school after they smash into a police car?

These two had death written all over them.

On THIS incident, as this is the one we are talking about, I see no reason to even protest. This is where a I strongly agree with All Tell, people are not going to be happy unless they lynch someone, they don't want justice, they want it their way no matter what. Justice WAS served on the two in the car.

A few questions I'd ask:

Are we saying that the only reason no officer is in trouble, especially Offc Brelo, is that no one can prove which of the 137 shots killed the two?

Is it SOP for officers to shoot that many times while chasing a car down a public street? Especially if there are no shots being returned?

Did the police put the public at great danger?

Why does the fact that the two came to stop at a school factor into this?

If Offc Brelo feared for his life moreso that he ever did as a Marine overseas in combat is it odd that he would rush the car and jump on the hood if he felt the two inside had guns?

If you were an officer and you fired upon and killed a person you were chasing or arresting only to then say "crap - there's no gun" what would you do to protect yourself based on court decisions in these types of cases?

Again, let's remember why these folks have the perception of the police in Cleveland that they do.

The Cleveland PD has a long history of abuse and excessive force. My guess is much of it is against black citizens.

So even when you get a guy like these two who ram into a police car after a chase you can see why they MAY see 137 shots as not only excessive but, in CPD's case, not unexpected.

Perception matters.

For the record, I think the judge got the verdict right based on how the law is written. It certainly doesn't exonerate anyone.

The judge knows Brelo fired at least one of the fatal shots. By law it is required that the judge know that "but for" Brelo's actions the two would have lived. Since at least 3 other officers are also known to have fired shots that killed then you can't convict Brelo.

Simple as that.

A few questions I'd ask:

Are we saying that the only reason no officer is in trouble, especially Offc Brelo, is that no one can prove which of the 137 shots killed the two?

Is it SOP for officers to shoot that many times while chasing a car down a public street? Especially if there are no shots being returned?

Did the police put the public at great danger?

Why does the fact that the two came to stop at a school factor into this?

If Offc Brelo feared for his life moreso that he ever did as a Marine overseas in combat is it odd that he would rush the car and jump on the hood if he felt the two inside had guns?

I would say stopping at a school plays a big role if students were in there at the time. Cops are dealing with a couple who showed no regard for public safety and were believed to be armed and from all action up to that point they weren't going to be arrested with out a fight.

I would say it's also standard procedure to fire your weapon if someone is using their car as a weapon and putting innocent lives in danger.

Also officer Brelo may of feared for his life like many officers or soldiers do but that doesn't stop most from doing their job.

I would say stopping at a school plays a big role if students were in there at the time. Cops are dealing with a couple who showed no regard for public safety and were believed to be armed and from all action up to that point they weren't going to be arrested with out a fight.

I would say it's also standard procedure to fire your weapon if someone is using their car as a weapon and putting innocent lives in danger.

What time of day did this incident occur? Pictures I see were taken at night but I can't see a report that says time of day. Were students at the school?

Did I read correctly that the officers were firing at the car while it was going AWAY from the officers on the 22-mile chase? Is that SOP?

What time of day did this incident occur? Pictures I see were taken at night but I can't see a report that says time of day. Were students at the school?

Did I read correctly that the officers were firing at the car while it was going AWAY from the officers on the 22-mile chase? Is that SOP?

I'm not a cop but I'm guessing if they were using the car as weapon and putting lives in danger they were probably trying to stop it by any means necessary.

You are asking legit questions but leaving out info as well. If they were reckless and putting lives in danger and we know they hit at least one police vehicle as I've read that's a little different than how you are posing the question.

I'm not a cop but I'm guessing if they were using the car as weapon and putting lives in danger they were probably trying to stop it by any means necessary.

You are asking legit questions but leaving out info as well. If they were reckless and putting lives in danger and we know they hit at least one police vehicle as I've read that's a little different than how you are posing the question.

So if a car is fleeing is that "using the car as a weapon?" That's my question. I get that once you ram the officers in the school lot you're going to draw fire. I'm asking if they followed procedure by shooting at a fleeing vehicle that was not ramming other cars.

So if a car is fleeing is that "using the car as a weapon?" That's my question. I get that once you ram the officers in the school lot you're going to draw fire. I'm asking if they followed procedure by shooting at a fleeing vehicle that was not ramming other cars.

Do you know for a fact the car didn't pose a threat prior to the parking lot in all that time traveled. I've been looking for reports and can't answer that question yet and that is my point in how you phrased it.

The assumption in your question is that is just a harmless car driving away and I don't think that to be the case .

1. We know cops thought they had a gun and they thought they had already fired it at the police station.

2. The car won't pull over and my educated guess would be not showing much regard for others safety while fleeing police.

3. So police have a car that is fleeing , showing no regard for public saftey, and also is believed to have fired shots at or around a police station.

4. The jumping on the hood by officer does make me question him . But we also know in the parking lot this couple just used the car as weapon on officers crashing into a police car. So one can assume he feared for both his life and his peers and took action.

5. After the fact we find out they have no weapon but again based on their behavior after the LE thought they heard the shot how could they assume they weren't armed ?

6. We do know after the fact they found a used Crack pipe u belive in the car. So what the police did do was protect the public from a couple or at least one of whom was high and using their vehicle as a weapon with no regard for public saftey.

Do you know for a fact the car didn't pose a threat prior to the parking lot in all that time traveled. I've been looking for reports and can't answer that question yet and that is my point in how you phrased it.

The assumption in your question is that is just a harmless car driving away and I don't think that to be the case .

1. We know cops thought they had a gun and they thought they had already fired it at the police station.

2. The car won't pull over and my educated guess would be not showing much regard for others safety while fleeing police.

3. So police have a car that is fleeing , showing no regard for public saftey, and also is believed to have fired shots at or around a police station.

4. The jumping on the hood by officer does make me question him . But we also know in the parking lot this couple just used the car as weapon on officers crashing into a police car. So one can assume he feared for both his life and his peers and took action.

5. After the fact we find out they have no weapon but again based on their behavior after the LE thought they heard the shot how could they assume they weren't armed ?

6. We do know after the fact they found a used Crack pipe u belive in the car. So what the police did do was protect the public from a couple or at least one of whom was high and using their vehicle as a weapon with no regard for public saftey.

I'm not assuming anything about the chase. I can't find any details detailing the facts of the actual chase. My question, generically, is if it is SOP to shoot at a fleeing car even if the car is fleeing at a high rate of speed.

If there are no shots being fired from the car is the fleeing enough to warrant shooting and putting the rest of the public at risk ?