Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Central Hardin 2015

Featured Replies

What does Central Hardin need to do to improve in 2015? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

The bruins lost an excellent QB, wingback/db, at least two starters on the offensive line and a defensive lineman who was nearly unblockable without the double. Further, the primary speed back graduates, along with a top notch receiver. The good news is that the upcoming senior class is loaded with talent and the head coach is building a winning tradition. Central Hardin must improve on the regular season schedules of the past and as much has definitely been done. Boyle Co., Paducah Tilghman, South Warren and Bowling Green have been added to the schedule this year. This should better prepare the team for the postseason and allow the coaching staff more opportunities to truly evaluate players and schemes.

Returning starters include an all-state candidate at fullback and a linebacker who will likely be considered as well. The linebackers will be an overall strength and the backfield will be stacked with size and speed. The big questions yet to be answered will be at QB and on the offensive line. After seeing spring practice I'm rather optimistic with both considerations, though I claim no definitive genius in evaluating players.

The kicker has a strong leg, though the overall kicking and punting last season was not a strength. This includes kick/punt coverage and is not intended to disparage any individual. Pass defense must improve in order to advance deeper into the playoffs, while the run defense should again be rather strong.

Bullitt East, Collins, John Hardin, Meade Co., North Hardin and Woodford Co. complete the regular season schedule. Meade lost a great deal to graduation but they are always tough and well coached. John Hardin is on the rise and has a ridiculous amount of young talent. I'm going out on a limb and saying Bullitt East will be big and strong, while North Hardin will have no shortage of talent. It seems Woodford Co. may be in a rebuilding phase, though I'll leave that to those with more knowledge on the team.

This schedule will test Central Hardin more than I can remember any in the recent past and it should be an exciting season. Coach Mattingly is going into his second season and has assembled an excellent coaching staff. Clearly, the second year running the wing based offense should increase efficiency, especially with such a talented fullback carrying the mail at roughly six feet tall, 215-220lbs. with good speed.

I hope this added something worthwhile to the discussion and facilitates interest in the Central Hardin football program going forward.

Central Hardin's senior class is their best and most talented class in a long time IMO. Like Varneystone said, they lost some studs at the skill positions and losing Krupinski at QB is a huge loss. But I think the defense returns around 8 kids and their O-Line will be good so I think they will pick up where they left off last year.

 

I am not sure what Bowling Green has, but I don't see anyone beating them this year during the regular season. They have one more year where they will beat John Hardin before John's youngens are upper classmen and I don't see Boyle, PT, or SW beating them. Not sure what district they will match up with during the 6A playoffs, but Central Hardin should be primed for another deep playoff run.

They will have McCracken County and Henderson County for next three years in playoffs.

John Hardin will drop down to 4A this year and will not have to face Bowling Green.

They have a strong junior class and will have speed to burn. They are maybe 1 year away form being one of the best teams that John has ever had.

Central Hardin is building a strong program, startin at the middle school level with 3 coaches from bluegrass middle school moving over to West hardin middle school. They bring with them a wealth of knowledge and a winning attitude.

Central should be able to pound the rock behind fullback Xavier Arnette, the speed of Darius Barbour at WR/CB should bring speed to a team that is already returning some good talent. Defense should be the cornerstone of this team as they have 8 starters returning, including MLB Seth Bryan, who was a 1 man wrecking crew last year. Centrals post season maychup out west should be kinder to them than the lexington region was last year.

Meade County lost 8 starters on each side of the ball and look to be down this year, which could be to Centrals advantage.

Centrals schedule is definately challenging with the likes of Boyle County, Bowling Green and Puducah Tilghman in addition to John, Meade and Bullitt East.

Looking forward to the upcoming season, as Hardin County has some teams poised to make a run at a state title.

164 tackles last season is the number SR-LB-Seth Bryan-6-1-215 pit up in 2014.

Is there anyway he can record more, while also playing tightend on offense.

 

There has to be small schools looking at him.

164 tackles last season is the number SR-LB-Seth Bryan-6-1-215 pit up in 2014.

Is there anyway he can record more, while also playing tightend on offense.

 

There has to be small schools looking at him.

 

Player.

 

His listed size is legit. Potential 1-AA kid.

Central Hardin's senior class is their best and most talented class in a long time IMO. Like Varneystone said, they lost some studs at the skill positions and losing Krupinski at QB is a huge loss. But I think the defense returns around 8 kids and their O-Line will be good so I think they will pick up where they left off last year.

 

I am not sure what Bowling Green has, but I don't see anyone beating them this year during the regular season. They have one more year where they will beat John Hardin before John's youngens are upper classmen and I don't see Boyle, PT, or SW beating them. Not sure what district they will match up with during the 6A playoffs, but Central Hardin should be primed for another deep playoff run.

You may not see Boyle, PT or SW beating CH, but it would not be a huge upset for them to lose all 3of those games.

Player.

 

His listed size is legit. Potential 1-AA kid.

I should have add my reasoning for asking.

 

It is because I was talking to an local college state about his tackles last season.

I was talking to a Ast coach from a local college at the gym today and he was asking me if I had a contact number or address for,Seth Bryan.

 

I told him the best I could do was the high school number and address and his response is, that would not do because his school, unlike other do not send stuff right to the high school.

 

I tried my best.

I follow alot of the Central Kentucky teams, mostly Boyle County. With that said, I'm very curious as to what Central Hardin brings to the table. I hear that they have a pretty strong running game and could possibly have an underrated passing game. Now, as anyone who knows remotely anything about Boyle County knows to beat them you typically have to beat them with the passing game. Not saying it can't be done it's just typically how it works.

 

Before anyone says it I'm aware that Central Hardin raised some eyebrows in the 7on7 tournaments and even beat Boyle County at one time (correct me if I'm wrong). These 7on7 tournaments are great but you can't base a whole lot off of it.

 

What does the OL look like for Central Hardin? Are they normally a good defensive team and if so what is their achilles heel?

Central O line 6'0" 300, 5'10"275, 6'00" 280, 6'1" 260. Central Tim Mattingly is in his second season at Central Hardin. He spent the previous 10 seasons at Meade County as the defensive coordinator and had a defense that allowed fewer points than any team in the state 3 of those years. This is Centrals best overall team in a while, maybe ever, 2 deep at most positions except QB

Central O line 6'0" 300, 5'10"275, 6'00" 280, 6'1" 260. Central Tim Mattingly is in his second season at Central Hardin. He spent the previous 10 seasons at Meade County as the defensive coordinator and had a defense that allowed fewer points than any team in the state 3 of those years. This is Centrals best overall team in a while, maybe ever, 2 deep at most positions except QB

 

That's impressive size for an Offensive Line.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.