Rickie Fowler Wins 2015 Players Championship

Amazing finish. Fowler goes -6 in his final 6 holes of regulation, gets in a 3-way, 3-hole aggregate playoff with Garcia and Kistner. Fowler and Kistner both -1 over the three holes, so they play the 17th yet again. Fowler stiffs it to under 5 feet and drains the putt. Fowler played the dreaded 17th 6 times this week in 5 under.

Fowler was recently voted (along with Ian Poulter) the most overrated tour pro in an anonymous poll of fellow professionals.

in-your-face.jpg

The ultimate in your face by Rickie to the rest of the tour. He showed some serious stones the down the stretch and in the playoff. Firing at the pin and birdieing 17 three straight times was very impressive.

Great story about how his mom and sister had left for the airport and were getting ready to board the plane when it looked like he had lost. They told them that he had the amazing finish (-5 for the last 4 holes) and they headed back to the course to see the playoff. I am sure they are glad they did...

Even an overrated tour pro is pretty good in my book.

Indeed. I was hoping the kid from St.X would stay at the top. But he faded and only ended up with a little over 80K in earnings for the weekend. Bless his heart.

Indeed. I was hoping the kid from St.X would stay at the top. But he faded and only ended up with a little over 80K in earnings for the weekend. Bless his heart.

:laugh: yeah I sure do feel bad for these guys! Losing, and making $80k...TO PLAY GOLF! :banana: I PAY my membership at the Country Club, not GET paid...