Early favorites and surprises for The Preakness

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice call.

When the rain hit I loaded up even more on AP. on to Belmont.

Congrats to all you winners!!

I just can't bet the chalk, so I didn't make any money.

I got the weather report right, what do I get for that? :lol2:

Congrats to all you winners!!

I just can't bet the chalk, so I didn't make any money.

I got the weather report right, what do I get for that? :lol2:

You get the same thing I got for having American P and Diving Rod in an exacta. Although got to give credit to Diving Rod credit.......he looked like he was boxing out Tale of Verve in the stretch.

You get the same thing I got for having American P and Diving Rod in an exacta. Although got to give credit to Diving Rod credit.......he looked like he was boxing out Tale of Verve in the stretch.

Tale of Verve was a just broke maiden horse. I would have never bet him in a race with the horses in a grade I race.

I had Diving Rod in several of my tri boxes.

Murphy's law gets me again, Firing Line stumbling out of the gate, had to run outside the whole trip. When I bet a horse he's usually the one that stands in the gate and acts like he's never seen a race track before. :lol2:

AP isn't the triple crown winner yet, lots of fresh horses running in the Belmont. Ask Chromes owners how it worked out for them.

Todd Pletcher withdrew his horses from the Preakness so they would be fresh for the Belmont.

In closing is AP really that good, or is the competition just not that talented? We shall see.

Bummed in myself for forgetting all about checking this forum for some Preakness talk.

I don't usually bet the Preakness, but I threw a tri box on AP, Tale of the Verve, and Firing Line. Didn't even look at the odds, just bet the jockeys mostly (and of course I was including AP). I had a good feeling Verve would make some noise.

I 'll be throwing some money at AP to win the Belmont, so if I was anyone else betting, wouldn't do this because if my track record holds up the horse probably won't even show,lol. Probably pick a long shot across the board as well.

Interesting enough...had someone bet ONLY WPS on Joel Rosario all day yesterday, he would have earned money on 9 of 11 races (4 wins, 3 places and 2 shows).

$10 WPS bets all day on Rosario would have looked like this...$330 total money wagered

1. Win ($36.00)

4. Place ($30.50)

5. Win ($105.00)

7. Show ($12.00)

8. Win ($210.00)

9. Place ($51.00)

10. Out of the money ($0.00)

11. Show ($10.50)

12. Out of the money ($0.00)

13. Place ($139.00)

14. Win ($61.00)

Total Wagered = $330.00

Total Winnings = $749.50

Not a bad day for the Rosario strategy...