Best place in NKY to watch Mayweather-Pacquiao fight?

All In

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a bar. It's going to be on multiple TVs all over the bar, and having a packed house, they're going to make a killing off it. They're going to charge a lot more than if you or I bought it to watch at home.

I mean I know it costs restaurants/bars more to show it, but $4k? That's pretty steep. Depending on the cover, I'd say a lot places would struggle to break even on that.

Now I know the cheapest ticket to watch the fight in person is right about 4k. I know they would charge bars more than the $100, but I don't see them charging 4k. 1k? Possibly, but when your figure that your bar will be packed and the money that you will make on food and drinks, you will come out at least even.

Looking at some articles just now, they are saying its a PPV fail. That it will fall way short of expectations.

It does vary some based on size of business (seats, TVs, etc).

My son works at a bar in Florida that usually shows a lot these types of things. He said his boss said it would have been around $2250 for them to the fight, and he opted not to do it. They are barely 100 seats. would have had to charge $20 a head to break even, and he didn't want to.

Hooter's is $20 a head. I've been told that some of them are doing table prices that is like $100 a table. I think they concider their booths to seat 7. I think you get an order of pickles and a coupon to be used at a later date.

Tilted Kilt is showing it, they are advertising that they are showing the fight, but no mention of a charge. BUT if you call and ask them, they then tell you it's $10.00 cover! I told them I don't agree how they 1) are charging, and 2) that they don't mention a cover on their FB page. To me that is pulling one over on the customers, they see the ad and no mention of a cover, until they get to the door that night.

$10 is cheap

$10 is cheap

I'll have to think about this. I like watching at home where I can crank up the sound and watch with my big screen just feet in front of me, even for $100 I may consider it, as I don't want to miss it if Floyd gets knocked out.

However, $10 would be appealing if I knew people who were going to be there. Anyone else plan to watch in NKY? I'll be interested in Tilted Kilt, we could get a table. Maybe uk#1 will show up and buy the first round?