Louisville Courier-Journal All-State Teams

I think it's a good list overall. Better than most. There were 3 kids on the third team that surprised me but still a good representation.

Interesting that out of 51 players listed, there were only 13 underclassmen - 11 juniors and 2 sophs.

Glad to see Clay County's Blake Smith getting the recognition he deserves. For those of you who haven't watched this kid his athletic abilities are second to none. I'm looking for a huge season from him next year.

I've enjoyed watching him play these last two years. Hopefully Boyle

County and Clay County play again next year so I can watch him at least one more time in person. He can flat out hoop.

Raymond Spalding is a really nice player & he makes all of these lists, but there are 15 or maybe even 20 kids who had better seasons than he did.

Agree, but Spaulding season was held in check by the team he played for.. Trinity with 6 next level players but only 2 from that yeam make list. He earned it. Otherside played their way on the list,and they earned it... Good list any way you put it..

Tyler Sharpe . JR led Bullitt East in scoring at 17 ppg, & assists at 4.5 PG, & Steals at 3 PG was 1st team all 6th region , All tourney in KOB & LIT averaged 20+ 2nd half of the season & doesn't even get honorable mention? BE played a tough schedule & he drew most teams best defender. Not sure how the selection is made...