Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Cal Leaves UK , Who would You Like to See Replace Him?

Featured Replies

I'm sure this has been talked about multiple times on here but I've missed it and would enjoy hearing who would be high on your list whenever the day comes. When the UK coach does decide to leave, which coach would like to see take over the reigns at Kentucky.

 

I've always been high on:

 

SELF (not me, but BILL Self)

 

IZZO

 

FEW (Mark Few, that is)

 

These guys do amazing jobs year in and year out.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Miller

  • Author
Izzo - no

 

Self - hell no

 

Few - meh

 

Just curious. Why the no and hell no? Just not a good fit at UK you think?

Sean Miller or Rick Pitino

Self wouldn't be bad, but I don't think you leave Kansas for UK. Its a better job, but not that much better IMO.

 

Izzo seems a little old for the job, but maybe that's good. A young coach might burn out and blow up. May be better for someone that knows they only have an finite number of years left.

 

Love Sean Miller. He'd be my #1 choice. For those that say he hasn't been to the Final Four before, Cal hadn't won a title before he came to UK so there is that. Miller would best replicate the talent Cal brings in.

 

I could live with Billy D. Wouldn't love or hate it. He's a good coach though. Doubt UK would go that way though, at least as a first preference.

 

Brad Stephens would be interesting.

 

No to Smart. No to Marshall. Good coaches, but I don't think either is ready for a job like UK.

  • Author
Sean Miller or Rick Pitino

 

My mother would be in basketball nirvana if that happened. I don't know who she loved more- Pitino , Elvis, or Bill Clinton . :)

Bruce Pearl

 

Him too. He'd kill it in Lexington. Won't do it though.

Him too. He'd kill it in Lexington. Won't do it though.

 

When you say "won't do it", I assume you're talking about Kentucky, right? And I agree if you are.

 

Pearl would crawl to Lexington for the job if it were offered IMO.

Best question: who actually WOULD follow Cal at UK? If I'm Marshall, I think I might pass. You never want to be the guy following the legend. Let someone else do it and then you come in when expectations are lowered.

The traditional format would suggest Kentucky hire a former assistant, calm demeanor, good coach, but will ultimately fail to achieve the high standards set by their predecessor. And of course the guy who replaces that guy will be awful!

 

1. Rupp - hero

2. Hall - solid, but not Rupp

3. Sutton - disaster

 

1. Pitino - hero

2. Smith - solid, but not Pitino

3. Gillispie - disaster

 

1. Calipari - hero

2. ?

3. :eek:

  • Author
When you say "won't do it", I assume you're talking about Kentucky, right? And I agree if you are.

 

Pearl would crawl to Lexington for the job if it were offered IMO.

 

 

Yes, I'd say he would literally crawl to the Bluegrass all the way from Auburn for that job. UK wouldn't even give him a sniff, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.