Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AZ Senator: Church attendance should be mandatory

Featured Replies

PHOENIX (KPHO/KTVK) - Each year a few ideas get proposed at the state Capitol that have people shaking their heads.

 

This year: Mandatory church attendance.

 

An Arizona state senator thinks it is a good idea for the American people.

 

State Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, brought it up during a committee meeting Tuesday while lawmakers were debating a gun bill concerning concealed weapons permits, not religion.

 

Allen explained that without a "moral rebirth" in the country, more people may feel the need to carry a weapon.

 

"I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America," she said.

 

"It's the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don't know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have. Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth," she told the committee.

 

 

 

AZ Senator: Church attendance should be mandatory - CBS 5 - KPHO

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the folks we, as citizens, elect to represent us....Sigh, so discouraging.

There's something about AZ.....

They used to say "all the nuts roll to California", but I think many of them stop along the way.

While I agree with her statement, "I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America." Bad idea to require citizens to attend religious services

What exactly is "the soul of America"?

What exactly is "the soul of America"?

 

I always thought it was Motown?! :idunno:

I get it. If I lived in a place that was in Arizona but was named "Snowflake", I'd have a fairly casual relationship with reality too.

There's something about AZ.....

 

There is, AZ is a complex state.

That's almost as silly as mandatory voting. Who was it recently that said that might not be a bad thing?

  • Author
What exactly is "the soul of America"?

 

 

Maybe we should ask Huey Lewis

Maybe we should ask Huey Lewis

 

Isn't that the 'heart of rock-and-roll'?

What exactly is "the soul of America"?

 

james-brown-apollo-creed-living-in-america.jpg

Isn't that the 'heart of rock-and-roll'?

 

Also, "Heart and Soul".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.