Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When You Hear "Both Feet And The Ball Have To Be Over...."

Featured Replies

No.

 

I thought that was the case. But there is over and back once they come across the line. Correct? Why the difference in rules?

10 second count would not stop if dribbling. Not in frontcourt while dribbling (key) until all 3 have touched front court.

 

The "or touches the floor" comment assumes it was a pass in flight.

 

Gotcha.

  • Author
I thought that was the case. But there is over and back once they come across the line. Correct? Why the difference in rules?

 

I have no idea why their rule is different. Yes, once they are over normal rules take over.

Is there a shot along he midcourt stripe? I'd like to see just how close the ball came.

Is there a shot along he midcourt stripe? I'd like to see just how close the ball came.

 

They showed it on the broadcast last night and IMO it wasn't that close in the grand scheme of things.

  • Author
Is there a shot along he midcourt stripe? I'd like to see just how close the ball came.

 

None that I saw. Dribble has to hit completely in the front court though. If it hits the line it's still backcourt.

Is there a shot along he midcourt stripe? I'd like to see just how close the ball came.

 

Best cut I could get from the replay. This is the closest it was.

 

Over and Back.jpg

 

2:04 left in 2nd half here: NCAA March Madness Live

 

They show it live, go to a commercial and after one commercial come back to show the shot across midcourt.

I thought that was the case. But there is over and back once they come across the line. Correct? Why the difference in rules?

 

I don't believe there is over and back in women's basketball. They also have a 30 second shot clock so that may be why the backcourt and over and back rules are different for the women.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.