Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Barnes

Featured Replies

Texas is a sleeping giant! Get the right person in there and they can be a national power. Shaka Smart, and Gregg Marshall are great options. Frank Martin would be a good hire, too.

 

I think this program is tailor-made for Bob Huggins, but I can't see him leaving WVU. All the Orange Bloods will want Coach Cal, but I don't see that happening, either.

 

Unless he just gets sick of the pressure, I can't see Cal wanting any other NCAA job. If he leaves I would have to think that it would be for the NBA.

  • Author
Texas is a sleeping giant! Get the right person in there and they can be a national power. Shaka Smart, and Gregg Marshall are great options. Frank Martin would be a good hire, too.

 

I think this program is tailor-made for Bob Huggins, but I can't see him leaving WVU. All the Orange Bloods will want Coach Cal, but I don't see that happening, either.

 

Might as well keep Barnes if they'd go with Shaka Smart. Guy's a gimmick coach. Don't see him being successful at a major program, which is why he's been smart to stay at VCU IMO.

Have a friend in Texas, he said word on the street is that Texas has finally talked Saban into coming over to coach the "Basketball" team! Said a friend of a friend saw Saban's wife buying a house this morning.

Might as well keep Barnes if they'd go with Shaka Smart. Guy's a gimmick coach. Don't see him being successful at a major program, which is why he's been smart to stay at VCU IMO.

 

I disagree. I think he could recruit Texas and his defensive system would be welcomed. The biggest question would be support from the alumni, as we have seen how they have supported Charlie Strong.

Have a friend in Texas, he said word on the street is that Texas has finally talked Saban into coming over to coach the "Basketball" team! Said a friend of a friend saw Saban's wife buying a house this morning.

 

:rolleyes:

 

If you didn't come in here for serious basketball talk, then save the sarcasm...J/K, that's pretty funny right there!

 

:lol2::lol2:

Unless he just gets sick of the pressure, I can't see Cal wanting any other NCAA job. If he leaves I would have to think that it would be for the NBA.

 

I maybe totally off base but I think Cal sown the road when he's done with coaching may try his hand as a General Manager or President of Basketball operations (whatever they call it) for an NBA Franchise.

Have a friend in Texas, he said word on the street is that Texas has finally talked Saban into coming over to coach the "Basketball" team! Said a friend of a friend saw Saban's wife buying a house this morning.

 

I heard it was between Dudley Hilton and Chuck Smith.

Would Texas give the same admin support and money (relative) to fund the basketball program as they do football? Do they now? I ask because I don't know. If they look at basketball as a way behind 2nd fiddle to football, it might be a hard draw to get someone really good. Heck, is basketball even 2nd fiddle at Texas? I know they love their baseball there too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.