Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rick Barnes

Featured Replies

So could today be the day that Texas finally puts Barnes out of his misery?

 

And if so, is there a better fit for a program such as Texas than Bruce Pearl?

I was shocked when Jay Bilas defended Rick Barnes & his performance this morning.

 

Last night a buddy of mine called Rick Barnes the Marvin Lewis of college basketball -- then we all agreed that Marvin is much better.

Some Stats on Barnes Good and Bad:

 

Good 17 Seasons at Texas Record 402-178 (.693); Conference 186-96 (.664)

Made the NCAA Tourn. 16 of 17 seasons

 

Bad Not made it past the first weekend of the NCAA in now 7 years. Conference Record last 4 seasons is 35-37 (.486)

SOOOOOOOO glad he didnt come to UK.

 

With all he has to recruit with, he should dominate.

Not for this thread but I wonder how much more patience LSU will have with Johnny Jones I know he's just been at LSU for three years but teams last two seasons have not played up to expectations and went downhill fast last in both seasons, and with next years recruiting class I'd say he better turn it around rather quickly. imo

  • Author
Not for this thread but I wonder how much more patience LSU will have with Johnny Jones I know he's just been at LSU for three years but teams last two seasons have not played up to expectations and went downhill fast last in both seasons, and with next years recruiting class I'd say he better turn it around rather quickly. imo

 

I think next year's class is the only reason he's still there personally...

  • Author

I believe I heard a stat yesterday that Barnes has never beaten a higher (better) seeded team in the NCAA Tournament. How is that possible when you've made it 16 times?

I think next year's class is the only reason he's still there personally...

 

I agree totally I would have a hard time keeping him just after the way his teams finished their last games this season.

I just can't figure Barnes out. But I know this, when his teams need to step it up, they always seem to fall short of where their talent would dictate they should go.

 

Larry Glover the other night on 590 sports talk called him the worst x's and o's coach in Div 1 basketball. Said TJ Ford should be the most valuable college player ever for being able to drag Rick Barnes to a final four in 2003. Thought that was funny.

I believe I heard a stat yesterday that Barnes has never beaten a higher (better) seeded team in the NCAA Tournament. How is that possible when you've made it 16 times?

 

In 2002 Texas was a #6 seed and defeated #3 seed Mississippi State that's the only one I could find.

So could today be the day that Texas finally puts Barnes out of his misery?

 

And if so, is there a better fit for a program such as Texas than Bruce Pearl?

Part of me wants Pearl to stay in the SEC but part of me wants him to go to another conference.

Part of me wants Pearl to stay in the SEC but part of me wants him to go to another conference.

 

I want him to leave. He is a good coach and I would just soon see UK not have to compete vs his teams.

I was shocked when Jay Bilas defended Rick Barnes & his performance this morning.

 

Last night a buddy of mine called Rick Barnes the Marvin Lewis of college basketball -- then we all agreed that Marvin is much better.

I like Barnes and think that he's a class individual but I agree. Barnes is a great recruiter, then "gets the least out of the most".

I want him to leave. He is a good coach and I would just soon see UK not have to compete vs his teams.

 

I agree that Pearl is a good coach, if he stays at Auburn (and imo he will) then imo he will have a winner -- then get them put on probation. Pearl's a snake oil salesmen and will cheat, that's proven. jmo

Texas is a sleeping giant! Get the right person in there and they can be a national power. Shaka Smart, and Gregg Marshall are great options. Frank Martin would be a good hire, too.

 

I think this program is tailor-made for Bob Huggins, but I can't see him leaving WVU. All the Orange Bloods will want Coach Cal, but I don't see that happening, either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.