Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Western Kentucky

Featured Replies

Western Ky teams have been dominate in the Sweet 16. It is very unfortunate that Ky Lions Club accepted the most donations from the "Friends of Coal" from the Eastern Ky Coal fields in order to appoint Justice "Mr. Basketball" as the commonwealths top player whenever the most talented player in the state is without a doubt David Simmons of Henderson Co. It is almost an embarrassment to our great state.

I'm a western Kentucky high school fan myself. David is a great player don't get me wrong but Cameron Justice was the most deserving candidate of this award.He is a major D1 talent. You must not have seen Justice in person or you wouldn't make such a comment. No disrespect to you or David Simmons.

I have been a Western Kentucky ambassador this year, and with no disrespect to Simmons, I do not think he was in the top 5 conversation with Mr. Basketball, close, but not quite there. I love the way Simmons plays and he was a big reason why Henderson was so good this year, but there were a handful of guys that were even better.

 

I am all for hometown support, heck I've been pushing JaQualis Matlock and David Simmons all year, but after watching the other talent, I realized that both were very good, but not quite up to the level of some of the other finalists. Coming up with some conspiracy theory about voting though is somewhat disrespectful to those guys in this state who worked hard to get where they are. Justice in my mind, has had the most complete high school career of anyone in the state, and he deserved the award. My second vote would have gone to Perry.

 

Honestly, Simmons deserved the Region 2 player of the year, and I would have voted that way, but many make a great case for Matlock winning that regions POY.

  • Author

You can't teach character and you can't teach athleticism. David Simmons will be one of the best represetatives of D1 basketball from the 2nd region and/or the Commonwealth of Kentucky. His potential is exponential.

I personally think your comment was totally disrespectful to Cam Justice and the whole Mr. Basketball process. To say that David Simmons is a better High School basketball player than Justice is just plain uneducated. Simmons is a fine player don't get me wrong and he may very well have more potential but he did not have any where near the Production that Justice had, you need to take those Rose colored glasses off there big guy.

You can't teach character and you can't teach athleticism. David Simmons will be one of the best represetatives of D1 basketball from the 2nd region and/or the Commonwealth of Kentucky. His potential is exponential.

 

You may be right but Justice was a better HS player.

Come on man!

 

And if you believe your cockamamie premise, maybe you should contact your Western Ky coal folks considering they mine more surface coal than you can possibly fathom. Here, I've made it easy for you with a link to tons of contacts so pick up the phone and lobby for support.

 

Membership List and Application

 

Sad post to say the least. Sad.

While Simmons and Matlock were both very good players were they the best in the west? What about Holman and Miller from Owensboro? Where are they in the discussion?

Hopefully all these young men mentioned in this thread will play against Indiana and we might have a talented squad.

  • Author
You may be right but Justice was a better HS player.

 

Justice is a well-rounded player and I deeply apologize for any previous comments that might have been disrespectful but what region did he play in?

Justice is a well-rounded player and I deeply apologize for any previous comments that might have been disrespectful but what region did he play in?

 

Region 14

Region 14 but he has also played against the best in the country. You don't get multiple D1 offers from power 5 conferences if you can't play.

Justice is a well-rounded player and I deeply apologize for any previous comments that might have been disrespectful but what region did he play in?

 

Hard to argue with the Justice selection. Outstanding senior class to choose a final selection. I didn't see Simmons, but I am sure he is also outstanding. Nothing wrong with promoting your own. Lots of us see our player a lot and feel the same way about them. I wish the kid and all of them well.

Justice is a well-rounded player and I deeply apologize for any previous comments that might have been disrespectful but what region did he play in?

 

Might have? Insinuating the voters were paid off is a "might have" for you?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.