March 16, 201511 yr With the "I Hate Christian Laettner" 30 for 30 coming out, I bet UK and Duke face off in National Championship.
March 16, 201511 yr How in the world did Georgetown get a 4 seed? I was really surprised by that. Where did Lunardi have them?
March 16, 201511 yr Committee LOVED the Big East this year. Georgetown a No. 4; both Xavier and Providence No. 6 seeds; six of the league's ten teams in the tournament field.
March 16, 201511 yr Iowa State vs. Gonzaga is a tough one for me to decide. I keep going back and forth.
March 16, 201511 yr A lot of people are bullish on Gonzaga. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 15 straight years, shame on me. Someone correct me I am wrong, but since Gonzaga's Cinderella run in 1999 to the Elite 8, they have not made it back to the Elite 8. That has to be some kind of record for a team that has made the tournament every single year. Any way to look up that stat?
March 16, 201511 yr A lot of people are bullish on Gonzaga. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 15 straight years, shame on me. Someone correct me I am wrong, but since Gonzaga's Cinderella run in 1999 to the Elite 8, they have not made it back to the Elite 8. That has to be some kind of record for a team that has made the tournament every single year. Any way to look up that stat? I thought one of the Adam Morrison teams made the Elite 8. Checking on it. Edit: Nevermind. I had the "Heart! Break! City!" game against UCLA in 2006 in the regional final in my brain. Don't know why. It was in the Sweet 16.
March 16, 201511 yr It's about matchups, and while some of the teams may not seem as good as others in the other regions, most of these teams seem to be difficult matchups for Duke IMO. San Diego State and Utah are great defensively. They could give Duke a very tough go of it. St. John's is super athletic. That could give Duke issues. Remember they had Duke beat earlier this year, and just collapsed at the end. Gonzaga doesn't really defend, but they're a matchup nightmare for Duke IMO. They have plenty of bigs to throw at Okafor and they have guards that are able to stick with Jones and Cook IMO. Iowa State is a run and gun team, and I think they're another bad matchup for Duke. They have so much athleticism at every position. Would be an entertaining game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.