Best Basketball Environment

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my better high school memories was St. Pat and Augusta having to stop a JV game due to a fire alarm after they burnt their cheeseburgers :lol2:

You must've missed out on the year the electric went out during the Augusta/Saint Pat boys game and the game ended with a score of 58-58!!

You must've missed out on the year the electric went out during the Augusta/Saint Pat boys game and the game ended with a score of 58-58!!

I was video taping, last few seconds of film are of my shoes because I thought Clarke was about to hit a game winner, would've been the second year in a row we had won in that fashion :meh:

Coach Hinson once said that he though Coach Kelsch had someone pull the breaker, after moving to Augusta he's sure of it :lol2:

I've been to many regional games at both Mason Co and Henry Co. Very, very, very similar atmospheres. The Fieldhouse gets more play on here because there are more 10th region people who post on BGP, and everyone's hometown experience is always better than everyone else's. :lol2:

But, semifinal night in the 8th region is really, really good. Henry Co will be rocking tonight, especially with Grant Co and Owen Co in that mix, two competitive programs with enthusiastic fan bases that don't always get to this point. And, Collins and Oldham will also show out, but they are from communities that do make it to the regional semis on a regular basis.

I prefer both over the 9th at NKU, but that's a matter of taste for me. The BOKC has that big-time arena feel in a slightly smaller scale.

Henry County was rocking tonight but my Lord, it had to have been 90 degrees in there. They turn the giant fans off during the game because someone thinks they mess with shots. Kinda doubt that. I can't imagine how hot the players were. It is a good atmosphere but wish they would sell programs, do other regions still do that?

Henry County was rocking tonight but my Lord, it had to have been 90 degrees in there. They turn the giant fans off during the game because someone thinks they mess with shots. Kinda doubt that. I can't imagine how hot the players were. It is a good atmosphere but wish they would sell programs, do other regions still do that?

Yeah, it was pretty daggone hot. I am still sweating and the game ended about 2 1/2 hours ago.

I dont know about programs. The 10th region had programs at the BOKC in 2009, thats the last time I remember them. The KHSAA Sweet 16 doesnt even print programs now, though...they just have PDFs to download or link to from your tablet.

It sure was hot! We saw a great second game though with loud and rowdy fans for both sides. I guess that makes being in the sweltering heat worth it.

I saw programs at the 13th on Friday, 11th on Saturday, and 16th on Sunday. I did not see them at the 12th on Saturday.

Yes, I get around.

They was giving away programs at the 10th.

The Roy for me. Especially a treat when I talked to Mr. Winchester at length a couple of years ago. This was shot on first possession on Saturday between Collins and SK. Jaeger Pracht with an alleyoop lay-in.

16155205123_9939f79cc5.jpg

I saw programs at the 13th on Friday, 11th on Saturday, and 16th on Sunday. I did not see them at the 12th on Saturday.

Yes, I get around.

The 12th had a program that could be scanned onto your phone. They had posters with the scan code in several places in the Lincoln County lobby.