Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Tournament Rescheduled

Featured Replies

Just got a text...quarterfinals moved to Saturday.

Just got a text...quarterfinals moved to Saturday.

 

Is that both Wed. and Thurs. games I had heard tomorrow's games but wasn't sure on Thurs. games.

  • Author

Actually, looks like Wednesday games moved to Saturday and Thursday is still the same for now.

Thursday night games have also been moved to Sunday.

 

2pm Morgan County vs Ashland

3:30 pm Raceland vs Fleming County

I'm not sure who picked these dates. But they obviously didn't consider fairness of the rescheduled dates in regards to the upper and lower brackets. Lower bracket will have 3 games in 3 nights now. That's a lot, even in regular season play. From what I've read, most other regions have rescheduled all their quarter final matches to play on Saturday only. I feel like Fleming/Raceland and Ashland/Morgan have received the short end of the 16th's shaft.

I'm not sure who picked these dates. But they obviously didn't consider fairness of the rescheduled dates in regards to the upper and lower brackets. Lower bracket will have 3 games in 3 nights now. That's a lot, even in regular season play. From what I've read, most other regions have rescheduled all their quarter final matches to play on Saturday only. I feel like Fleming/Raceland and Ashland/Morgan have received the short end of the 16th's shaft.

 

Most years the boys regional has been Wednesday thru Sat. So the teams that got the Thurs. games have always had to play 3 games in 3 days it was different this season with the girls State being played first.

Most years the boys regional has been Wednesday thru Sat. So the teams that got the Thurs. games have always had to play 3 games in 3 days it was different this season with the girls State being played first.

 

That is not true. If you go back and look at the dates for the boys over the last 10 years or so only one time (2013) did the Thursday night teams have to play 3 consecutive days. That information can be found on Khsaa. I had to do my research as I didn't think the 3 games in 3 days was normal. I understand the weather has put a damper on the games, but I think 3 games in 3 days for 1 team is too much. Big advantage for the top half of the bracket getting an extra day.

I'm curious what all of you would have suggested? Considering the time crunch.

  • Author
I'm curious what all of you would have suggested? Considering the time crunch.

 

Send one half of the bracket to Rowan County High School and the other half at Morehead State?

I'm curious what all of you would have suggested? Considering the time crunch.

 

The obvious choice is to have all of the games Saturday. As a lot of the other regions are doing. Why not push the championship game back until March 11th? I don't really know what the solution would be for it to be fair to all teams. Just throwing that out there.

FIRST: I didn't hear the top half of the bracket complaining because they were going to have three games in four days when they had only moved the Wednesday night games.

SECOND: I guess we just ignore the fact that the girls finals are being played on Saturday night. I the top half of the bracket suppose to be played at 8 in the morning? That seems fair.

The weather has put a hick-up in everyone's game and game preparation. It will just come down to who can weather the storm (literally)!

Send one half of the bracket to Rowan County High School and the other half at Morehead State?

There would be financial issues then. Can't have that.

There would be financial issues then. Can't have that.

 

That is true. I understand having 4 teams there each day Sat and Sun. Just makes it very difficult for the bottom bracket teams to have 3 in a row. Could they possibly push the finals back another night?

FIRST: I didn't hear the top half of the bracket complaining because they were going to have three games in four days when they had only moved the Wednesday night games.

SECOND: I guess we just ignore the fact that the girls finals are being played on Saturday night. I the top half of the bracket suppose to be played at 8 in the morning? That seems fair.

The weather has put a hick-up in everyone's game and game preparation. It will just come down to who can weather the storm (literally)!

 

Playing 3 games in 4 days is a little easier than playing 3 straight days. Don't you think? I do understand about the girls finals on Saturday. That makes sense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.