Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who speaks for the 9th Region schools?

Featured Replies

Is it a person, a committee? I know they sign contracts so there must be some body who makes the decisions.

I know there is a 9th region board. They are the ones responsible for hiring the referee/umpire assignors.

 

Maybe them.

  • Author

Just looking for the structure of the organization. Stan can't be an entity all to himself, although he has a very impressive resume.

  • Author

Stan seems to be more than just the 9th rep. All A is his claim to fame as well.

Stan seems to be more than just the 9th rep. All A is his claim to fame as well.

 

And longtime KHSAA Board of Control member.

 

When the 10th Region Tournament was held at the BOKC back in 2009, Anthony Strong, who was then the Campbell County Schools Superintendent honchoed all of the negotiations.

Stan is the tournament manager and the Holmes staff, Gary, Dan, Tina and everyone else work the tournament. They all volunteer their time and do not take the tournament stipen that they are allowed. I believe he negotiated the deal with the BOKC, but can't be certain of that.

Even though he's retired, I believe former Holmes AD Ron Madrick still gives advice and helps out with the 9th region tourney.

And longtime KHSAA Board of Control member.

 

When the 10th Region Tournament was held at the BOKC back in 2009, Anthony Strong, who was then the Campbell County Schools Superintendent honchoed all of the negotiations.

 

Wasn't it Campbell county's or the 37ths year to host?

  • Author

What they have created for the kids in the 9th Region Tourney and the All A is truly amazing venues. My daughter always enjoyed playing at the Bank on the "big Floor".

Wasn't it Campbell county's or the 37ths year to host?

 

It was. The BOKC was new, and the 37th was hellbent on bringing the 10th Region tournament to our backyard and showing off our new facility.

 

Since then, I'm thinking the BOKC simply determined that they were incapable of hosting Girls and Boys 9th Region and 10th Region Boys.

 

Also, since then, Anthony Strong, who was the driving force for bringing the 10th to the BOKC has moved on to Pendleton County Schools, or I think that we would have seen another attempt to have played the 10th there two years ago.

I know there is a 9th region board. They are the ones responsible for hiring the referee/umpire assignors.

 

Maybe them.

 

I would guess that even if Stan is the lead in negotiating the venue, that the 9th Region Board of Control manages and approves the process. Some influential members of this board employed at NCC

Still wish the radio teams were at the score's table as in past years as this was a great spot to call a game on radio. While they tried to make it work in the north end zone last night it was not good at all. I couldn't see at least 1/3 of the court and even in front of me were 14 cheerleaders to look around on every pass. I think I may just stand for the Holy Cross/Highlands game Saturday night as this may help a little bit seeing over them.

 

Would be nice to know who made the decision to move radio away from main table? Guess they wanted to free up even more spots for "tournament people", etc...to sit and just watch. If this was the case they could sit across the table in the reserve seats??? :idunno:

I do want to add that the people at BOK last night did everything to help us last night (Matt Merchant - good guy) but it just isn't an ideal spot to call radio from the north end zone. I can't imagine this will work next year when they host the state tournament.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.