IRS: Extra Tax Refunds for Illegal Immigrants Granted Amnesty by Obama

cammando

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really an "extra" tax refund, they are being treated like a lawful taxpayer who is eligible for the tax credits and can amend and go back 3 years to get a refund. The question that comes up is that if they are paying all required taxes, should they be eligible for all the various tax benefits of being a lawful citizen. In many cases the earned income credit and the child tax credit are generated by the illegal immigrants with children who are US citizens.

Sorry MIDDLE CLASS, you get to pay for free stuff for illegals while you have to actually pay for your stuff.

The illegals are laughing their behinds off at how stupid America is in giving them free health care, housing, food while they do nothing but sneak across the border.

• 1 month later...
People, to get a tax refund, you HAVE TO FILE TAXES. The amount of the refund will be much smaller than the tax revenue that the IRS would have never seen in the 1st place.

You have to file a tax return, you don't necessarily have to pay taxes though. Refundable credits can reduce your net taxes below zero so you get a refund.

Correct. However, the revenue generated here will be greater than what it currently is, if even by a million. Additionally, w/ illegals acutally filing their return to get more money, the employers who hire them will now have to carry them on their books or face penalties for fraud.

I don't like Obama, but I'm not against this. It looks like we are catering to illegals, but really it is a new revenue stream.

This taxing topic was raised at the conservatives4palin.com website. One poster suggested the following as a solution:

"In my opinion the best most practical and cost effective solution to illegal immigration is to determine the cost per illegal immigrant in US dollars and then set that as the reward and then allow bounty hunters to capture them dead or alive."

Correct. However, the revenue generated here will be greater than what it currently is, if even by a million. Additionally, w/ illegals acutally filing their return to get more money, the employers who hire them will now have to carry them on their books or face penalties for fraud.

I don't like Obama, but I'm not against this. It looks like we are catering to illegals, but really it is a new revenue stream.

It is not a revenue stream. They will get back far more than they paid in.

This taxing topic was raised at the conservatives4palin.com website. One poster suggested the following as a solution:

"In my opinion the best most practical and cost effective solution to illegal immigration is to determine the cost per illegal immigrant in US dollars and then set that as the reward and then allow bounty hunters to capture them dead or alive."

This is important because liberals never say or do ignorant things...

It is not a revenue stream. They will get back far more than they paid in.

They will, but the employers of these guys will now be paying taxes on them and from here on out. Additionally, taxes will come out of the illegals' paychecks....finally.

They will, but the employers of these guys will now be paying taxes on them and from here on out. Additionally, taxes will come out of the illegals' paychecks....finally.

For some. Others will simply file a return and get money back when they didn't earn a penny. IMO, it will easily be a net loss. I understand taking care of needy citizens of our own country with credits like this. A presidential signature should not put this into place, it should have to be an act of congress.

I truly hope you are right.

For some. Others will simply file a return and get money back when they didn't earn a penny. IMO, it will easily be a net loss. I understand taking care of needy citizens of our own country with credits like this. A presidential signature should not put this into place, it should have to be an act of congress.

I truly hope you are right.

So do I. I am trying to put a positive spin on something that happened unicamerally. It would be nice if both branches would stop overstepping their bounds and work together.