Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Looks like it is CFL time for the Bengals too

Featured Replies

And yes it concerns me...

 

The Cincinnati Bengals are expected to re-sign offensive tackle Matt O'Donnell, according to TSN. According to the report, O'Donnell, who was playing for the Edmonton Eskimos in the Canadian Football League, was let out of his contract to make the move back into the NFL.

 

Matt O'Donnell, a 6-foot-10 340 pound offensive lineman, signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a college free agent following the conclusion of the 2011 NFL lockout. Out of Queens University in Ontario, O'Donnell made his mark in college football when he named to the First-Team All-Canadian team in both 2009 and 2010 with the Queen's Gaels. He also won the Ontario University Athletics conference award for best lineman in 2010.

 

Matt O'Donnell expected to re-join the Cincinnati Bengals - Cincy Jungle

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why this concerns you. I really don't. What is the big deal? What if he pans out? What if it took him a little develomental time to get to the level he needs to play in the NFL? Since there is really no NFL developmental league, I think teams would be wise to keep an eye on the CFL. You never know where guys come from. How is this any different than signing someone who's an undrafted free agent?

  • Author

It tells me the Bengals believe they are REALLY hurting at OT.

 

O'Donnell may turn out to be a find but I am really concerned about our Tackle depth if we have to pluck a guy from the CFL that we cut three years ago.

It tells me the Bengals believe they are REALLY hurting at OT.

 

O'Donnell may turn out to be a find but I am really concerned about our Tackle depth if we have to pluck a guy from the CFL that we cut three years ago.

James Harrison cut time after time. Cameron Wake, all pro from CFL. Curt Warner from the Arena League. It's not out of the realm of possibility this guy might be a gem after some work.

 

And you are thin at OT. That's no secret considering you had to sign a washed up RT off the couch for the end of the season.

  • Author

I wonder how Winston graded out.

 

FA will tell us a lot about the Bengals thoughts when they look in the mirror.

And yes it concerns me...

 

The Cincinnati Bengals are expected to re-sign offensive tackle Matt O'Donnell, according to TSN. According to the report, O'Donnell, who was playing for the Edmonton Eskimos in the Canadian Football League, was let out of his contract to make the move back into the NFL.

 

Matt O'Donnell, a 6-foot-10 340 pound offensive lineman, signed with the Cincinnati Bengals as a college free agent following the conclusion of the 2011 NFL lockout. Out of Queens University in Ontario, O'Donnell made his mark in college football when he named to the First-Team All-Canadian team in both 2009 and 2010 with the Queen's Gaels. He also won the Ontario University Athletics conference award for best lineman in 2010.

 

Matt O'Donnell expected to re-join the Cincinnati Bengals - Cincy Jungle

 

That is a big man

  • Author

^ According to the article he had a tryout with the Celtics.

I wonder how Winston graded out.

 

FA will tell us a lot about the Bengals thoughts when they look in the mirror.

How much cap space are they expecting?
  • Author
How much cap space are they expecting?

 

I don't get that technical. I assume any team can do pretty much anything they want and any talk about cap space is for the crazies like that guy in Dallas or the excuse makers.

I don't get that technical. I assume any team can do pretty much anything they want and any talk about cap space is for the crazies like that guy in Dallas or the excuse makers.

 

You need to become an Argonaut fan then.

I don't get that technical. I assume any team can do pretty much anything they want and any talk about cap space is for the crazies like that guy in Dallas or the excuse makers.

 

You ignore the most important aspect of roster construction? :confused: :lol2:

  • Author
You ignore the most important aspect of roster construction? :confused: :lol2:

 

Not really, I just don't get caught up in it.

This may mean that the Bengals now won't go offensive line in round 1 and maybe even round 2 of draft, depending how highly they think of this giant. Most of the mocks I've seen have them going D-line in first round, but one or two penciled in offensive tackle.

  • Author
This may mean that the Bengals now won't go offensive line in round 1 and maybe even round 2 of draft, depending how highly they think of this giant. Most of the mocks I've seen have them going D-line in first round, but one or two penciled in offensive tackle.

 

Which is why I am really curious what the Bengals do in FA.

 

I do agree this lessens the chance of going OT early and hopefully means we will address our defensive issues first.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.