Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County Gym

Featured Replies

Why Can't Mercer hold the 12th Region Tournament? Their gym is Probably the same size as Lincoln's or Maybe bigger. Or do you think Pulaski County should hold the Region every year? They have a Huge gym.

I expect Mercer to be in the rotation to host region soon. I think they should go back to letting each school host region like they did when I played. Clear the gym between each game. IMO region only being at Pulaski and Lincoln gives them an unfair home advantage .

I expect Mercer to be in the rotation to host region soon. I think they should go back to letting each school host region like they did when I played. Clear the gym between each game. IMO region only being at Pulaski and Lincoln gives them an unfair home advantage .

 

Pulaski hasn't won a region since 1992. Lincoln has won twice since 1980, only once at home. Advantages sounds reasonable but stats don't back it up.

I'd like to see it rotate by district. For example, Year 1 the 45th hosts and can choose a school (Boyle, Garrard, Lincoln, maybe Danville). Year 2 at 47th, Year 3 at 46th, Year 4 at 48th. Year 5 start over again, but district chooses a different school to host than Year 1.

 

Needs some tinkering, but I think it would work.

Mercer County's gym would be an excellent spot for the region tournament. Top notch facilities.

 

Does anyone know if this will ever be a true discussion?

The last I heard was that the committee said it was too far on one side of the region so some teams would have to travel too far too get there. My initial thought was that would also be true for Pulaski wouldn't it.

The last I heard was that the committee said it was too far on one side of the region so some teams would have to travel too far too get there. My initial thought was that would also be true for Pulaski wouldn't it.

 

Yes. I think so. I live 15 minutes from Lincoln County and 20 minutes from Mercer County. I don't see that big of a difference from Lincoln County to Mercer County.

This has been discussed every time the vote on region locations comes up. Last year when it was discussed, it was shot down for a variety of reasons:

 

Lincoln and Pulaski voted against it because they don't want to lose the cut of money they get as hosts.

McCreary and Wayne voted against it because Mercer refuses to play both schools due to travel.

Somerset and Southwestern voted against it because they get region 10 minutes from home at Pulaski every other year.

 

I wish that the 12th would adopt the aforementioned rotation of going to a site in a different district each year. It will be hard for them to ever get it changed though. Too many people don't want it changed from Lincoln/Pulaski.

I wish that the 12th would adopt the aforementioned rotation of going to a site in a different district each year. It will be hard for them to ever get it changed though. Too many people don't want it changed from Lincoln/Pulaski.

 

If it doesn't change, I'd like to see Pulaski annually host the boys and Lincoln annually host the girls. Pulaski's gym is larger and works better for the boys tournament, which typically draws larger crowds than does the girls.

I live in Mercer and think that it would be a great place have the Region. I help with Boyle and hate the drive to Wayne, not for the reason people think. I hate it because Boyle has for the last few years scheduled them during the week. That game should be played on a Friday or Saturday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.