Sorry MTGL

gametime

We could make it about Providence or Seton Hall as well if you'd like. Also teams that struggled to finish above 12th before the split that are now fighting atop the new league...

Is the SEC now really good because teams are having an easier time with Florida?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitate to get in the middle of this one, but I'll throw my two cents in as a college bball fan.

I used to look forward to watching the Big East tournament so much. My 2nd favorite weekend of the year (right behind the Opening weekend of the tournament). I'd always watch my Cats, maybe a Duke or North Carolina game, probably a Kansas game and wouldn't miss any Big East game with two teams in the top half of their league.

Now, I probably won't even watch their Championship game (unless maybe X is there). Maybe I'll be missing out on good basketball, but the teams are just ehhh to me now. The Big East isn't the same for me (and I wasn't told enough or around for the Pearl or Ewing). Now I'd imagine that I'll watch the Cats and lots of the ACC.

I get what GT is saying and what he is saying is true. Now his delivery, I'll leave that to you guys.

Might fit if GTown and Nova were struggling like Florida. They aren't...

It fits perfectly yet illogically. What do previous years have to do with evaluating how a league is this year? That is where your argument fails.

It fits perfectly yet illogically. What do previous years have to do with evaluating how a league is this year? That is where your argument fails.

If DePaul was 11-2 entering Big East play, you'd have something. Prior to NYE they were same old DePaul. That's a fact...

I might be dead wrong but I don't think you'll find the average or even most college basketball fans watching the Big East tournament this year compared to years past. If you aren't a fan of a team in the Big East, you probably aren't tuning in. It didn't use to be like that. To me, that's all it comes down too.

Put me in the group that thinks they shouldn't have kept the same name.

If I wanted to take shots at X I'd simply go the "Not in the A10 anymore" route concerning their road woes. They are exactly what I thought they'd be in the new league. A solid team that should finish in the top half and battle for a tournament bid. Not about X at all...

I might be dead wrong but I don't think you'll find the average or even most college basketball fans watching the Big East tournament this year compared to years past. If you aren't a fan of a team in the Big East, you probably aren't tuning in. It didn't use to be like that. To me, that's all it comes down too.

Put me in the group that thinks they shouldn't have kept the same name.

I'm not an average college basketball fan, but I had been making plans to hit up the BEast Tournament this year. Plans fell through, but I'm still planning on catching as much of it as possible. Of course, I'll watch Pepperdine/Loyola Marymount if it's on. :lol2: :idunno: